|Date of birth||October 4, 1901|
|Place of birth||Junction, Texas, United States|
|Date of death||May 9, 1981|
|Place of death||Dallas, Texas, United States|
|Uniform number||14 (1924)
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Weight||191 lb (87 kg)|
|1924–1927||Frankford Yellow Jackets|
|Career highlights and awards|
Ernest Alexander "Tex" Hamer (October 4, 1901 – May 9, 1981) was a professional football player for the Frankford Yellow Jackets from 1924 until 1927. Hamer won the 1926 NFL championship with the Yellow Jackets.
College Football highlights
He played college football at University of Pennsylvania. In 1922 he was named captain of the Quakers football team. On October 15, 1922, Hamer threw two touchdown passes to Carl Ertresvaag resulting in a 12-0 Quakers win over the University of Maryland, College Park.
Pro Football highlights
In 1924 against the Providence Steamroller, Hamer threw an 18-yard pass to Les Haws for a touchdown for a 21-10 Yellow Jackets win. In a rematch of the two teams Hamer scored off of a short run in the third quarter, then ran for a 35-yard touchdown run in the final period to clinch a 16-3 win. On Thanksgiving Day 1926, Hamer scored a touchdown on the Yellow Jackets’ first possession against the Green Bay Packers for a 20-14 Frankford win In 1926, Hamer kicked an extra point to give the Jackets a 7-6 win over the Detroit Panthers.
- Ernest Alexander Hamer gravestone at Findagrave.com
- Social Security Death Index
- "Ongoing Research Project: Frankford Yellow Jackets". rci.rutgers.edu. Retrieved 2016-07-23.
- "South Media Fire Company". southmediafire.com. Retrieved 2016-07-23.
- "PENN ELEVEN WINS ON FORWARD PASSES - Aerial Attack by Hamer and Ertresvaag Beats Maryland, 12-0, Before 26,000. - Article - NYTimes.com". query.nytimes.com. Retrieved 2016-07-23.
- "Hap Moran". hapmoran.org. Retrieved 2016-07-23.
- "BoxRec - Tex Hamer". boxrec.com. Retrieved 2016-07-23.