Texarkana Independent School District
Texarkana Independent School District is an urban school district serving 34 square miles (88 km2) in the Northeast corner of Texas (USA). It serves the majority of Texarkana, Texas and the surrounding communities of Wake Village and Nash. It is the largest school district in Bowie County and the largest district served by the Region VIII Education Service Center. Texarkana ISD does not service Texarkana, Arkansas side schools, who are managed by the Texarkana Arkansas Schools under the Arkansas State Government. It was established in 1889. Unique among other schools in its region, it accepts transfers from other Texas school districts tuition-free.
Junior high schools
- Texas Middle School
- Dunbar Intermediate Center
- Fifteenth Street Early Literacy Center *Highland Park Elementary
- Martha & Josh Morriss Mathematics & Engineering Elementary
- Nash Elementary
- Spring Lake Park Elementary
- Wake Village Elementary
- Westlawn Elementary
- Waggoner Creek Elementary
- Disciplinary Alternative School
- OPTIONS Academic Alternative
- "2009 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2015-10-25.
- Blue Ribbon Schools Program, Schools Recognized 1982-1983 Through 1999-2002 (PDF)