UTSA Roadrunners men's basketball
|University||University of Texas at San Antonio|
|All-time record||434–389 (.527)|
|Head coach||Steve Henson (2nd season)|
|Location||San Antonio, Texas|
|Colors||Navy Blue, White, and Orange
|NCAA Tournament appearances|
|1988, 1999, 2004, 2011|
|Conference tournament champions|
|1988, 1999, 2004, 2011|
|Conference regular season champions|
|1991, 1992, 2004|
The UTSA Roadrunners men's basketball team represents the University of Texas at San Antonio in San Antonio, Texas, US. Originally competing as an NCAA independent in 1981–82, the Roadrunners joined the Atlantic Sun Conference in 1986–87, and eventually joined the Southland Conference in 1991–92. The team is currently a member of Conference USA, and plays its game at the on-campus Convocation Center, and was coached by former NBA player Brooks Thompson.
UTSA has won four conference tournaments and three conference regular season championships. The team has made a total of four NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Championship appearances in its history. In the 2011 NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Championship, the Roadrunners defeated SWAC Champion Alabama State, 70–61 in the opening round before falling in the second round to Ohio State. The victory over Alabama State marked the first time in school history that a Roadrunner team won an NCAA tournament game in any sport. As a relatively young Division I program, the team has made no other appearances in post-season tournaments.
UTSA joined the Western Athletic Conference on July 1, 2012. In April 2012, it was announced that UTSA would join Conference USA prior to the 2013–2014 school year. They joined the new conference July 1, 2013.
NCAA Tournament results
The Roadrunners have appeared in four NCAA Tournaments. Their combined record is 1–4.
|1988||First Round||Illinois||L 72–81|
|1999||First Round||Connecticut||L 66–91|
|2004||First Round||Stanford||L 45–71|
- UTSA Graphic Identity Guide. Retrieved March 24, 2016.
- Heiberger, Scott (1985-12-02). "Texas-San Antonio is looking to future". Anchorage Daily News. Retrieved 2010-03-15.
- "UTSA to join Southland Conf.". The Victoria Advocate. 1990-06-05. Retrieved 2010-03-15.
- "2009 UTSA Men's Basketball Media Guide". UTSA Roadrunners. Retrieved 2010-03-15.
- "WAC to Add Denver, UTSA and Texas State". Western Athletic Conference. Retrieved 2010-11-11.
- McMurphy, Brett (28 April 2012). "C-USA Adding UTSA in 2013; North Texas, FIU, Louisiana Tech Also Likely". CBSSports.com. Archived from the original on 2012-04-30. Retrieved 30 April 2012.
|This college basketball-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a basketball team in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|