Texas Central Railway
|Texas Central Railway|
|Rolling stock||N700 Series Shinkansen|
|Operating speed||205 mph|
Texas Central Railway is a private company that is developing a high-speed rail line between Dallas/Fort Worth and Houston. It plans to use proven technology based on that used by the Central Japan Railway Company. The company plans to use trains that are based on the N700 Series Shinkansen, and has indicated that the journey time would be less than 90 minutes". The company has indicated that service on the line could start as early as 2020, and it would therefore become one of the first high-speed rail lines in North America.
In July 2015 the company announced that they had secured $75 million of private funding to allow the project to move forward from feasibility studies to development planning.
It has been speculated that there would be a second phase of the project to link Austin and San Antonio, but the company has only stated that the initial project will " ... create a backbone for future expansion into other cities."
- Radley, Whitney (August 16, 2012). "Full speed ahead for 205 MPH bullet train between Houston and Dallas? 2020 set as target date". www.houston-culturemap.com. CultureMap LLC.
- Batheja, Aman; Smith, Stephen J. (August 18, 2014). "The Bullet Train That Could Change Everything". The Texas Tribune. The Texas Tribune.
- "Learn the facts". Texas Central Railway.
- "Dallas-Houston High-Speed Rail Project". Texas Department of Transport.
- "Texas high-speed rail project names new CEO; gets $75 million boost". Railway Track & Structures Magazine (RT&S). New York, USA: Simmons-Boardman Publishing Inc. July 23, 2015.
- Baddour, Dylan (July 23, 2015). "Texas high speed rail passes major milestone with first fundraising announcement". Houston Chronicle. Hearst Newspapers, LLC.
- Official website
- Dallas to Houston High-Speed Rail – Passenger Service from Houston to Dallas - Federal Railroad Administration
- No Texas Central Railway - a group against the the proposed Texas Central high-speed rail line
- Texans Against High-Speed Rail - a group against high-speed rail in Texas