Texas Central Railway
|Texas Central Partners, LLC|
|Stations||2 main stations, potential smaller stations along the way|
|Rolling stock||N700 Series Shinkansen|
|Track gauge||Standard Gauge|
|Operating speed||205 miles per hour (330 km/h)|
Texas Central or Texas Central Partners, LLC is a private company that is developing a high-speed rail line between Dallas/Fort Worth and Houston. It plans to use proven technology based on that used by the Central Japan Railway Company. The company plans to use trains that are based on the N700 Series Shinkansen, and has indicated that the journey time would be less than 90 minutes. The company has indicated that service on the line could start as early as 2020, and it would therefore become the second high-speed rail line in North America.
In July 2015 the company announced that they had secured $75 million of private funding to allow the project to move forward from feasibility studies to development planning.
- Managing Director, External Affairs – Holly Reed. She was previously Regional vice president of external affairs for AT&T.
- Chief Finance Officer (CFO) – Lori Wilcox. She is a certified public accountant, and was previously a Senior vice president and CFO for Balfour Beatty’s Central region.
- Managing Director, Design-Build Program – Doug Jones. He has been in the construction industry for 38 years and was previously with Balfour Beatty Construction in Dallas.
On August 10, 2015 the U.S. Department of Transportation and Federal Railroad Administration issued a report that supported the so-called "utility corridor" for the line.
It has been speculated that there would be a second phase of the project to link Austin and San Antonio, but the company has only stated that the initial project will " ... create a backbone for future expansion into other cities."
- Radley, Whitney (August 16, 2012). "Full speed ahead for 205 MPH bullet train between Houston and Dallas? 2020 set as target date". www.houston-culturemap.com. CultureMap LLC.
- Batheja, Aman; Smith, Stephen J. (August 18, 2014). "The Bullet Train That Could Change Everything". The Texas Tribune. The Texas Tribune.
- "Learn the facts". Texas Central Railway.
- Begley, Dug (May 10, 2016). "Houston really wants the proposed bullet train to make a stop downtown". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved 12 May 2016.
- "Dallas-Houston High-Speed Rail Project". Texas Department of Transport.
- "Texas high-speed rail project names new CEO; gets $75 million boost". Railway Track & Structures Magazine (RT&S). New York, USA: Simmons-Boardman Publishing Inc. July 23, 2015.
- Baddour, Dylan (July 23, 2015). "Texas high speed rail passes major milestone with first fundraising announcement". Houston Chronicle. Hearst Newspapers, LLC.
- Murray, Lance (December 3, 2015). "Texas Central Partners names new execs at high-speed rail developer". Houston Business Journal (www.bizjournals.com/houston). American City Business Journals.
- Bloomberg. "Executive Profile - Lori Wilcox". Bloomberg.
- Green, Stephen (August 28, 2015). "Utility corridor gets nod for high-speed rail". The Courier of Montgomery County. Your Houston News.