Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation
Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR) is a state agency of Texas.
TDLR refers to itself as "the umbrella licensing agency of the state", dealing primarily with most, but not all, "non-professional" occupations (i.e., those not requiring four-year or advanced college degrees) such as cosmetologists and electricians (plumbers are licensed through a separate board). "Professional" occupations (i.e., those requiring a four-year or graduate degree) are licensed through separate agencies, such as the Texas Medical Board which handles the licensing and professional discipline of doctors.
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) of Southern Nevada lists Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR) as an alternative name for PSI Examination Services of Nevada, giving the alternative name web address as http://www.psionline.com. Reference for the BBB statement is http://www.bbb.org/southern-nevada/business-reviews/business-services-general/psi-examination-services-in-las-vegas-nv-72234 Retrieved on December 12, 2015.
Occupations Licensed by TDLR
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
- Architectural Barriers (however, architects themselves are regulated by a separate professional board)
- Boiler Safety
- Combative Sports (i.e., boxing and mixed martial arts)
- Elevator / Escalator Safety
- For-Profit Legal Services (however, the State Bar of Texas regulates attorneys)
- Identity Recovery Service Contract Providers
- Industrialized Housing and Buildings
- Licensed Breeders
- Licensed Court Interpreters
- Loss Damage Waivers
- Polygraph Examiners
- Property Tax Consultants
- Property Tax Professionals
- Service Contract Providers
- Staff Leasing Services
- Temporary Common Worker Providers
- Tow Trucks, Operators and VSFs
- Used Auto Parts Recyclers
- Vehicle Protection Product Warrantors
- Water Well Drillers and Pump Installers
- Weather Modification
- "Contact information for the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation." Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation. Retrieved on December 30, 2010.
- "APPLICATION FOR: Texas Cosmetology Salon License." Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation. 3. Retrieved on December 30, 2010. "Austin Headquarters: E.O. Thompson State Office Building · 920 Colorado · Austin, Texas 78701"
|This Texas-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|