Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation
Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR) is a state agency of Texas.
TDLR refers to itself as "the umbrella licensing agency of the state", dealing primarily with most, but not all, "non-professional" occupations (i.e., those not requiring four-year or advanced college degrees) such as cosmetologists and electricians (plumbers are licensed through a separate board). "Professional" occupations (i.e., those requiring a four-year or graduate degree) are licensed through separate agencies, such as the Texas Medical Board which handles the licensing and professional discipline of doctors.
Occupations Licensed by TDLR
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
- Architectural Barriers (however, architects themselves are regulated by a separate professional board)
- Boiler Safety
- Combative Sports (i.e., boxing and mixed martial arts)
- Elevator / Escalator Safety
- For-Profit Legal Services (however, the State Bar of Texas regulates attorneys)
- Identity Recovery Service Contract Providers
- Industrialized Housing and Buildings
- Licensed Breeders
- Licensed Court Interpreters
- Loss Damage Waivers
- Polygraph Examiners
- Property Tax Consultants
- Property Tax Professionals
- Service Contract Providers
- Staff Leasing Services
- Temporary Common Worker Providers
- Tow Trucks, Operators and VSFs
- Used Auto Parts Recyclers
- Vehicle Protection Product Warrantors
- Water Well Drillers and Pump Installers
- Weather Modification
- "Contact information for the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation." Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation. Retrieved on December 30, 2010.
- "APPLICATION FOR: Texas Cosmetology Salon License." Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation. 3. Retrieved on December 30, 2010. "Austin Headquarters: E.O. Thompson State Office Building · 920 Colorado · Austin, Texas 78701"
|This Texas-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|