2008 Texas Exes logo, with slogan
|Motto||"'Til Gabriel blows his horn."|
|Location||Austin, Texas, USA|
|Colors||Burnt orange and white|
|Affiliations||University of Texas at Austin|
The organization is one of the largest alumni associations in the world (the Texas Exes Houston Chapter has over 10,000 members), with chapters in 69 Texas cities, most U.S. states and the District of Columbia, and several foreign countries. The Texas Exes publish a magazine called The Alcalde.
The alumni association is headquartered in the Alumni Center, adjacent to Darrell K. Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium on the University campus. The alumni center hosts gatherings coinciding with home football games and also organizes traveling groups for away events.
The Texas Exes are actively involved in funding scholarships for students at the University.
Throughout the years, the alumni association has used a variety of slogans, including "You can't have Texas without the Exes" and, currently, "'Til Gabriel Blows His Horn", which is a reference to the lyrics of "The Eyes of Texas", the University alma mater.
- Whisler, John (January 5, 2006). "Texas Exes suffer, cheer together". San Antonio Express-News. San Antonio, TX. Retrieved November 5, 2011.
- Simmons, Tracy (February 25, 2005). "Education commissioner addresses goals to increase college attendance". The Victoria Advocate. Victoria, TX. p. 6A. Retrieved November 5, 2011.
- "Dance Here Marks Centennial Opening; Former Students of University of Texas Celebrate Beginning of Lone Star State's Fete". The New York Times. March 3, 1936. Retrieved November 5, 2011.
- "Texas-Exes to gather March 1". The Victoria Advocate. Victoria, TX. February 26, 1943. p. 3. Retrieved November 5, 2011.
- "Texas Exes' Support Asked At Reorganization Banquet". The Victoria Advocate. Victoria, TX. March 3, 1954. p. 2. Retrieved November 5, 2011.
- Dexheimer, Eric (September 30, 2007). "UT athletics officials wary of sharing profits". San Antonio Express-News. San Antonio, TX. p. A07. Retrieved November 5, 2011.