Texas State Highway 234
|Maintained by TxDOT|
|Length||6.416 mi (10.326 km)|
|Existed||1936 – present|
|West end||I-37 in Edroy|
Future I-69E / US 77 in Odem
SH 234 begins in Edroy, at I-37 southbound's exit #22; the roadway north of this interchange is designated FM 796. The route travels south into central Edroy before turning to the east, where it intersects the frontage road of northbound I-37's exit #22. The highway continues to the east before turning to the southeast, becoming Main Street in Odem. The SH 234 designation ends at US 77; the roadway beyond this intersection is designated FM 631.
The route was designated between on August 1, 1936 along its current route.
The entire route is in San Patricio County.
|Edroy||0.0||0.0||I-37 – San Antonio, Corpus Christi||Western terminus; roadway continues as FM 796|
|0.8||1.3||I-37 to FM 796||Access to I-37 northbound frontage road only|
|Odem||6.4||10.3||US 77 (Future I-69E) – Robstown, Sinton||Eastern terminus; roadway continues as FM 631; U.S. 77 is the future Interstate 69E|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Texas Highway Map (Map). Texas State Highway Department (Texas Department of Transportation). 1938.
- Transportation Planning and Programming Division (n.d.). "State Highway No. 234". Highway Designation Files. Texas Department of Transportation. Retrieved 2008-04-03.
- Transportation Planning and Programming Division (2012). Texas County Map Book (PDF) (Map) (2012 ed.). 1:120,000. Texas Department of Transportation. p. 470. OCLC 867856197. Retrieved 2011-09-29.[dead link]
- (PDF) https://publicdocs.txdot.gov/minord/MinuteOrderDocLib/003673885.pdf. Missing or empty
- Google (2011-09-29). "Overview map of Texas State Highway 234 Distances Between Interchanges" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 2011-09-29.