Oxford City FC of Texas
|Founded||2012 (as Texas Strikers)|
|League||Major Arena Soccer League|
|2014–15||3rd, Southern Division
Playoffs: Division semifinals
|Website||Club home page|
Oxford City FC of Texas was an American professional indoor soccer team based in Beaumont, Texas. The team joined the Professional Arena Soccer League on September 26, 2012, as the Texas Strikers. Play in the team's inaugural season began in November 2012. In May 2014, the league changed its name to Major Arena Soccer League. The team played at Ford Arena.
On December 15, 2014, team owner Oxford City Football Club, Inc. announced that it had "successfully come to terms to sell" Oxford City FC of Texas to an unspecified "Latin American group", pending league approval. Known conman Thomas Anthony Guerriero said that their "complete focus as an organization needs to be" on Oxford City F.C. which plays in Conference North, a division of Football Conference at Step 2 of the National League System and the sixth overall tier of the English football league system. The new owners have licensed the rights to use the "Oxford City FC of Texas" name through the end of the current MASL season.
On January 1, 2015, former Hidalgo La Fiera head coach Mariano Bollella replaced Chris "Topper" Cogan as the head coach of the Beaumont franchise. In June 2015, the team ceased business operations.
|League Champions||Runners-Up||Division Champions||Playoff Berth|
|Year||League||Reg. Season||GF||GA||Finish||Playoffs||Avg. Attendance|
|2012–13||PASL||3–13||76||192||5th, Central||Did Not Qualify||422|
|2013–14||PASL||1–15||62||195||7th, Central||Did Not Qualify||321|
|2014–15||MASL||12–8||151||134||3rd, Southern||Lost Division Semi-Final||947|
- Krieger, Dan (October 2, 2012). "Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report". Our Sports Central. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- Nolan, Heather (September 26, 2012). "New soccer team officials optimistic". The Beaumont Enterprise. Beaumont, TX: Hearst Corporation. Retrieved November 6, 2012.
- Mann, Tommy Jr. (September 26, 2012). "Professional soccer headed to Southeast Texas". The Orange Leader. Orange, TX. Retrieved November 6, 2012.
- Garfias, Agustin (October 9, 2012). "Many want Strikers to succeed". Beaumont, TX: KBMT-TV. Retrieved November 6, 2012.
- "Oxford City FC Acquires the Texas Strikers in the MASL". Oxford City FC of Texas. July 23, 2014. Retrieved July 29, 2014.
- Zaleon, Avi (July 31, 2014). "Beaumont's indoor soccer team has a new owner". The Beaumont Enterprise. Beaumont, TX: Hearst Corporation. Retrieved November 4, 2014.
- Lovera, Diana (December 18, 2014). "Oxford City Football Club, Inc. (OTCQB:OXFC) Confirms That They Have Come To Terms To Sell Their Major Arena Soccer Team In Beaumont, Texas To A Latin American Group" (Press release). Beaumont, TX: Oxford City FC of Texas. Retrieved December 19, 2014 – via PRWeb.
||This article about a soccer club from Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|