Texas Tech Red Raiders golf
|Texas Tech Red Raiders golf|
|University||Texas Tech University|
|Course||The Rawls Course
|Nickname||Texas Tech Red Raiders|
|Colors||Scarlet and Black
|NCAA Team Appearance|
Women: 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
|Men: 1936, 1937, 1939, 1955, 1959, 1971, 1996|
The Texas Tech Red Raiders men's and women's golf teams represents Texas Tech University, often referred to as Texas Tech. The teams compete as members of the Big 12 Conference in the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
- Gene Mitchell (1967–70 and 1981–83)
- Danny Mason (1971–78)
- Richard Whittenburg (1979–80)
- Greg Reynolds (1984–85)
- Tommy Wilson (1986–98)
- Jeff Mitchell (1999-2000)
- Greg Sands (2001–present)
- Jay McClure (1977–90)
- Jeff Mitchell (1990-2000)
- Stacy Totman (2000–09)
- JoJo Robertson (2010–present)
- Border Intercollegiate Athletic Association (Border Conference): 1936, 1937, 1939, 1955
- Southwest Conference (SWC): 1959, 1971, 1996
The Rawls Course
The Rawls Course, home of the Red Raiders golf teams, is located on the Texas Tech campus. Alumnus Jerry S. Rawls donated $8.6 million toward the total cost of approximately $15 million course. Completed in September 2003, the course features an 18-hole course, 60-acre (240,000 m2) driving range, pitching and chipping areas and an indoor facility containing three hitting bays. The Rawls Course was designed by Tom Doak of Renaissance Golf Design, Inc., Traverse City, Michigan. Starting from just a cotton field, the course was created to imitate the land east and south of Lubbock, where the Great Plains suddenly begin falling into the valleys and canyons that lead to the Caprock region. Lubbock's strong prevailing winds figured prominently in the course's final design. Both Golf Week and Turfnet magazines ranked The Rawls Course as the third best collegiate course in the United States. Golf Magazine ranked it as the second most affordable U.S. course and placed it twenty-third on their list of top 50 golf courses in the nation for $50 or less.
- "Official Colors". Texas Tech University. Retrieved 2016-03-23.
- http://issuu.com/techathletics/docs/ttu_records_book Pg. 99
- http://issuu.com/techathletics/docs/ttu_records_book Pg. 105
- Andrews, Ruth Horn (1956). The First Thirty Years: a History of Texas Technological College. Lubbock, Texas: The Texas Tech Press. p. 312.
- "Southwest Conference Champions, 1915-1996". Texas Almanac. Retrieved 2008-06-25.
- The Jerry S. Rawls Red Raider Golf Course at Texas Tech University
- Rawls Course Earns National Distinction :: Four-year-old Tom Doak design ranks among nation's top 10 collegiate golf courses
|This golf-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a sports team in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|