Texas Township, Crawford County, Ohio
|Texas Township, Crawford County, Ohio|
Methodist church at Plankton
Location of Texas Township in Crawford County
|• Total||12.0 sq mi (31.2 km2)|
|• Land||12.0 sq mi (31.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||938 ft (286 m)|
|• Density||32/sq mi (12.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085945|
Located in the northwestern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Eden Township, Seneca County - north
- Bloom Township, Seneca County - northeast corner
- Lykens Township - east
- Holmes Township - southeast corner
- Tod Township - south
- Eden Township, Wyandot County - southwest corner
- Sycamore Township, Wyandot County - west
No municipalities are located in Texas Township, although the unincorporated community of Benton lies in the township's south.
Name and history
It is the only Texas Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Texas township, Crawford County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved February 5, 2015.
- History of Crawford County and Ohio. Baskin & Battey. 1881. p. 667.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.