Texas Township, DeWitt County, Illinois
Location in DeWitt County
DeWitt County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 2, 1858|
|• Total||35.71 sq mi (92.5 km2)|
|• Land||35.64 sq mi (92.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.07 sq mi (0.2 km2) 0.20%|
|Elevation||696 ft (212 m)|
|• Density||35/sq mi (14/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|ZIP codes||61727, 61756|
|GNIS feature ID||0429831|
Texas Township is one of thirteen townships in DeWitt County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 1,246 and it contained 536 housing units. The west half of Weldon Springs State Park is in this township.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.71 square miles (92.5 km2), of which 35.64 square miles (92.3 km2) (or 99.80%) is land and 0.07 square miles (0.18 km2) (or 0.20%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Clinton (south edge)
- Ospur at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains Hill Cemetery and Texas Cemetery (est. 1844) near Texas Christian Church.
Airports and landing strips
- Margenthaler Airport
- Clinton Community Unit School District 15
- Maroa-Forsyth Community Unit School District 2
- Illinois's 15th congressional district
- State House District 87
- State Senate District 44
- "Texas Township, DeWitt County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-07-06.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.