Texas de Brazil
|Founded||October 13, 1998 in Addison, Texas|
|Founder||Salah Izzedin, Leila Izzedin and Salim Asrawi|
|Headquarters||Dallas, Texas, United States|
Number of locations
|Over 40 U.S. + International|
|Evandro Caregnato, Culinary Director|
Texas de Brazil is a family owned churrascaria (Brazilian steakhouse) restaurant chain with locations both internationally and domestically. It debuted in October 13, 1998 in Addison, Texas, a suburb of Dallas. The restaurant is a Brazilian-American “churrascaria” or steakhouse that combines the cuisines of southern Brazil with Texan style meats. Customers turn a piece of paper green side up to get meat, or red side up to no longer receive meat.
The meats at this restaurant consist of roasted and seasoned cuts of beef, pork, lamb, chicken and Brazilian sausage. The meats are cooked over an open flame grill, a technique which comes from southern Brazil, where gauchos dressed as cowboys bring meats individually to tables. Texas de Brazil does not serve chicken hearts, often considered a traditional food found at many other churrascarias. The restaurant also prepares and serves several types of desserts.
- Lexington Coming Soon
- New York
- Puerto Rico
- Washington, D.C.
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Puerto Rico
- South Korea
- United Arab Emirates
- Allen, Margaret and Ronni Sayewitz (1998-08-21). "Battle of Brazilian grills". Dallas Business Journal.
- Overview | Texas de Brazil
- Brazilian Barbecue
- Chicken Hearts ‹ Espetus Brazilian Steak House - San Francisco and San Mateo - CA
- Menu M Grill Churrascaria Brazilian Steakhouse Churrasco BBQ
- B, Mark (2011-03-29). "Texas de Brazil opening a new location in Ft. Lauderdale". FTL Today.com.
- Yung, Katherine (2011-05-26). "Brazilian steakhouse coming to downtown Detroit in June". Detroit Free Press.
- Eataly coming 'as soon as possible' as Texas de Brazil closes. Chicago Real Estate Daily.
- Eviction suit complicates Eataly's River North restaurant plans. Chicago Real Estate Daily.
- Dining Out: Texas de Brazil in Syracuse | syracuse.com
- Texas de Brazil to begin dishing out endless menu of beef at Easton Town Center - Columbus - Business First
- Texas de Brazil steakhouse announces January opening for first Birmingham location | AL.com
- Texas de Brazil to open this January in Uptown - Birmingham Business Journal
KSA - Rubeen Plaza - KSA