|This article does not cite any sources. (May 2015)|
Theatrical release poster by John Alvin.
|Directed by||Peter Bogdanovich|
|Produced by||Peter Bogdanovich
|Written by||Peter Bogdanovich
Larry McMurtry (Novel)
|Cinematography||Nicholas Josef von Sternberg|
|Edited by||Richard Fields|
|Distributed by||Columbia Pictures (theatrical)
MGM Home Entertainment (DVD)
Jeff Bridges, Cybill Shepherd, Cloris Leachman, Timothy Bottoms, Randy Quaid and Eileen Brennan reprise their roles from the 1971 film. Texasville is in color, while The Last Picture Show was filmed in black and white. The film got mostly mixed reviews and did not do well at the box office.
In 1984, 33 years after the events depicted in The Last Picture Show, 50-year-old Duane Jackson (Jeff Bridges) is a wealthy tycoon of a near bankrupt oil company. His relationship with his family isn't prospering either. His wife, Karla (Annie Potts), believes that Duane is cheating on her and his son, Dickie (William McNamara), seems to be following in his father's libidinous footsteps.
Sonny Crawford's (Timothy Bottoms) increasingly erratic behavior causes Duane concern over Sonny's mental health.
Jacy Farrow (Cybill Shepherd) has traveled the world and experienced its pleasures. A painful tragedy brings her back to her hometown and once again into Duane's life.
- Jeff Bridges as Duane Jackson
- Timothy Bottoms as Sonny Crawford
- Cybill Shepherd as Jacy Farrow
- Cloris Leachman as Ruth Popper
- Randy Quaid as Lester Marlow
- Annie Potts as Karla Jackson
- William McNamara as Dickie Jackson
- Eileen Brennan as Genevieve Morgan
- Texasville at the Internet Movie Database
- Texasville at AllMovie
- Texasville at Box Office Mojo
- Texasville at Rotten Tomatoes