Text-based web browser
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2016)
Text-based browsers are often very useful for users with visual impairment or partial blindness. They are especially useful with speech synthesis or text-to-speech software, which reads content to users.
List of notable text-based web browsers
- Charlotte Web Browser (for VM/CMS)
- Emacs/W3 & EWW for GNU Emacs
- Line Mode Browser (by Tim Berners-Lee)
- Lynx (and derivatives ALynx and DosLynx)
- "Building a resilient frontend using progressive enhancement". GOV.UK. Retrieved 27 October 2021.
- "Description of CHARLOTT". IBM. IBM. Retrieved 10 February 2015.
- Media related to Text-based web browsers at Wikimedia Commons