Textbook Excellence Award ("Texty")
|Industry||Academic Publishing Authors Association|
|Headquarters||St. Petersburg, Florida, United States|
|Mike Keedy, Founder; Richard Hull, Executive Director|
A Textbook Excellence Award ("Texty") from the Text and Academic Authors Association recognizes current textbooks and learning materials based on criteria established by the group. Judges are veteran authors in appropriate subject areas. Nominations from eight subject areas are reviewed each year from titles with a current or prior year date of publication. A maximum of one award per category is granted annually. The first year this award was granted was 1992.
Subject areas awarded are:
- Accounting, business and economics
- Communication, education and performing and visual arts
- Computer science and engineering
- Humanities and social sciences
- Languages and literature
- Life sciences
- Math and statistics
- Physical sciences
Texty Awards are presented at the TAA Awards Ceremony, held during the association’s annual conference in June.
- Linguatext, Ltd. Award-Winning Texts. (Sample award announcement)
- Text and Academic Authors Association. Textbook Excellence Awards ("Textys"). TAA Awards.
- Eric Schulz's Math Textbook Wins 2011 Textbook Excellence Award. Walla Walla Community College. 2011. (Sample, award and ceremony announcement)
|This article about an education-related book is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This award-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|