|Type of business||Private|
|Headquarters||1 Apple Park Way, Cupertino, California|
|Area served||United States, Canada|
|Key people||John Loughlin (CEO)|
|Current status||Discontinued as of May 28, 2019|
|Native client(s) on||Android, iOS, Kindle Fire HD|
Texture (previously known as Next Issue) was a digital magazine app launched in 2012. The service had a monthly subscription fee that gave readers access to over 200 magazines. The service was established by Next Issue Media, a joint-venture between Condé Nast, Hearst Magazines, Meredith Corporation, News Corp, Rogers Media, and Time Inc.. Reading apps were available on iOS, Android and Kindle Fire HD. Rogers Communications brought the service to Canada in late 2013. The following year, a French version of the app was launched.
On March 12, 2018, Apple Inc. announced it had signed an agreement to acquire Texture for an undisclosed sum. In March 2019, Apple announced a new subscription offering within its Apple News application, Apple News+, which offers a similar service. Texture was shut down on May 28, 2019 in favor of Apple News+; unlike Texture, Apple News+ is available only on Apple iOS and macOS devices, no longer supporting Android.
- Ha, Anthony (30 September 2015). "Netflix-Style Magazine App Next Issue Relaunches As Texture". TechCrunch. Retrieved 24 December 2017.
- "Texture Catalog". Retrieved 24 December 2017.
- "Rogers unveils Netflix-like all-in-one digital magazine subscription service". Financial Post. Retrieved 24 December 2017.
- Mlot, Stephanie (1 October 2015). "Netflix-Like Magazine App Next Issue Is Now 'Texture'". PC Magazine. Retrieved 24 December 2017.
- Bradshaw, James (30 September 2015). "Rogers revamps Next Issue app to cater to digital reading habits". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved 24 December 2017.
- "Rogers brings Next Issue magazine subscription app to Canada". CBC News. 26 September 2013. Retrieved 24 December 2017.
- Jeffrey A. Trachtenberg (2 December 2014). "Digital-Magazine Service Gets KKR Funding". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 3 May 2018.
- Dana Wollman (30 September 2015). "Next Issue, the Netflix for magazines, reborn with a fresh design and new name". Engadget.com. Retrieved 3 May 2018.
- Peter Kafka (30 September 2015). "Next Issue Media, the 'Hulu for Magazines' Tries a New Name and a New Idea - Make Your Own Magazine". Recode.com. Retrieved 3 May 2018.
- Keith J. Kelly (21 June 2016). "The 'Netflix of magazines' is about to get a lot bigger". The New York Post. Retrieved 3 May 2018.
- Balakrishnan, Anita (2018-03-12). "Apple buys Texture, a digital magazine subscription service". CNBC. Retrieved 2019-08-15.
- "Apple to close Texture on May 28, following launch of Apple News+". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2019-08-15.
- Goode, Lauren (2019-03-25). "Apple Launches Apple News+ Paid Subscription Service". Wired. ISSN 1059-1028. Retrieved 2019-03-27.