The Kagerplassen lake system in Teylingen
Location in South Holland
|Established||1 January 2006|
|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Carla Breuer (CDA)|
|• Total||33.49 km2 (12.93 sq mi)|
|• Land||28.55 km2 (11.02 sq mi)|
|• Water||4.94 km2 (1.91 sq mi)|
|Elevation||0 m (0 ft)|
|• Density||1,276/km2 (3,300/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
2170–2172, 2215, 2360–2362
|Area code||0252, 071|
Teylingen (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈtɛilɪŋə(n)] (listen)) is a municipality in the western Netherlands, in the province of South Holland. It was created on 1 January 2006, through the amalgamation of Sassenheim, Voorhout, and Warmond. It is named after Teylingen Castle, located in Voorhout.
The municipality is bordered by Noordwijkerhout and Lisse to the north, Haarlemmermeer and Alkemade to the east, Leiderdorp and Leiden to the south, and Oegstgeest and Katwijk to the west. It is located in an area called the "Dune and Bulb Region" (Duin- en Bollenstreek). The Kagerplassen are to the east of Sassenheim.
|Railway Leiden Centraal to Haarlem (part of line 10), with stations (municipalities in bold) and official station abbreviations:|
- "Gemeentelijke indeling op 1 januari 2006" [Municipal divisions on 1 January 2006]. cbs.nl (in Dutch). CBS. Retrieved 24 August 2013.
- "Burgemeester" [Mayor] (in Dutch). Gemeente Teylingen. Archived from the original on 11 March 2013. Retrieved 24 August 2013.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten" [Key figures for neighbourhoods]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Postcodetool for 2215MA". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Retrieved 24 August 2013.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 27 October 2017. Retrieved 27 October 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Teylingen.|
|This South Holland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|