From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Thích)
Vietnamese monks and nuns take Thích as their Dharma ‘family name’ to show affinity with the Buddha.
All of the following are Vietnamese monks, with additional roles briefly summarized:
- Thích Huyền Quang (1919–2008), dissident and activist
- Thích Quảng Độ (born 1928), critic of the Vietnamese government
- Thích Quảng Đức (1897–1963), who burned himself to death as a protest
- Thích Nhất Hạnh (born 1926), Zen teacher, author and peace activist, now based in France
- Thích Nhật Từ (born 1969), public speaker and author
- Thích Thanh Từ, author and teacher
- Thích Trí Quang (born 1924), Mahayana leader of South Vietnam's Buddhist majority in 1963.
- Thích Ca Phật Đài, temple in Vũng Tàu, Vietnam
|This page lists people with the surname Thich. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|