|Rev. Thaddeus Kirkland|
|Member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives
from the 159th district
January 5, 1993
|Preceded by||Robert C. Wright|
January 12, 1955 |
|Occupation||Pastor of Community Baptist Church, Chester, PA|
Chester-Upland School District Controversies
In June, 2011, Kirkland announced that if $20 million worth of cuts were not restored to the Chester-Upland school district, he planned to file a federal lawsuit against Pennsylvania to close the three public high schools in Chester, PA. However, the school board was not on board with Kirkland's plan, calling a press conference where they stated that they were "fully capable of speaking for" themselves and "totally disagree" with what Kirkland wanted to do.
- "SESSION OF 1993 - 177TH OF THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY - No. 1" (PDF). Legislative Journal. Pennsylvania House of Representatives. 1993-01-05.
- "Sy Snyder's Best Dressed Legislators". PoliticsPA. The Publius Group. 2002. Archived from the original on 2002-08-30.
-  Delaware County Daily Times, "State Rep Threatens Suit Over Budget Cuts", June 14, 2011
-  Delaware County Daily Times, "C.U. Board Dismayed by Kirkland Suit Threat", June 15, 2011
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives - Thaddeus Kirkland (Democrat) official PA House website
- Pennsylvania House Democratic Caucus - Thaddeus Kirkland official Party website
|This article about a member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|