|Rev. Thaddeus Kirkland|
|Member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives
from the 159th district
January 5, 1993
|Preceded by||Robert C. Wright|
January 12, 1955 |
|Occupation||Pastor of Community Baptist Church, Chester, PA|
In the 2015 Democratic mayoral primary, Representative Kirkland defeated incumbent Mayor John Linder 1,818 to 721.  Representative Kirkland has represented the 159th Legislative District since 1993. In 2002, he was named to the PoliticsPA list of Best Dressed Legislators.
Chester-Upland School District Controversies
In June, 2011, Kirkland announced that if $20 million worth of cuts were not restored to the Chester-Upland school district, he planned to file a federal lawsuit against Pennsylvania to close the three public high schools in Chester, PA. However, the school board was not on board with Kirkland's plan, calling a press conference where they stated that they were "fully capable of speaking for" themselves and "totally disagree" with what Kirkland wanted to do.
- "SESSION OF 1993 - 177TH OF THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY - No. 1" (PDF). Legislative Journal. Pennsylvania House of Representatives. 1993-01-05.
- "Sy Snyder's Best Dressed Legislators". PoliticsPA. The Publius Group. 2002. Archived from the original on 2002-08-30.
- Hardy, Dan (August 1, 2000). "His Star Shone A World Away From 76ers Glenmoore's Wilbur Kirkland, 53, Is A Former European Basketball Legend Who Does Not Regret Not Playing Locally.". Philadelphia Inquirer. Philly.com. Retrieved March 21, 2016.
-  Delaware County Daily Times, "State Rep Threatens Suit Over Budget Cuts", June 14, 2011
-  Delaware County Daily Times, "C.U. Board Dismayed by Kirkland Suit Threat", June 15, 2011
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives - Thaddeus Kirkland (Democrat) official PA House website
- Pennsylvania House Democratic Caucus - Thaddeus Kirkland official Party website
|This article about a member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|