|5th Mayor of Mandaue City|
1998 – June 30, 2007
|Preceded by||Alfredo Ouano|
|Succeeded by||Amadeo Seno|
|Born||August 14, 1944
|Died||February 26, 2016(Aged 71)|
|Political party||Lakas (1998–2007), Liberal Party(2012)|
|Residence||Opao, Mandaue City|
A native resident of Mandaue City, Ouano represents the 6th Congressional District in the Sangguniang Panlalawigan of Cebu. He sits as Chairperson of the committees on Environmental Conservation & Natural Resources; and on Ways & Means; as Vice Chairperson of the committees on Public Safety, Peace & Order; Public Services; and Commerce & Industry; and as a member of the committees on Public Affairs & Information; Agriculture & Livelihood; Budget & Appropriations; Human Rights & Labor; and Senior Citizens.
He finished his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree in 1971. Prior to that he also studied aeronautics at the Varona Flying School in 1967. He once worked as a bank employee in the country then as an office employee in the US from 1990 to 1997. He was elected mayor of Mandaue City for three terms from 1998 to 2007 before he was elected as number one (1) Provincial Board Member for two terms from 2010 to 2016.
Later, Ouano was also one of a number of mayors investigated for improper use of funds used for city improvements (specifically, decorative lampposts) for an Association of Southeast Asian Nations (Asean) conference held in the area in 2007. A crowd of supporters blocked the agent from the initial delivery attempt of the suspension order. Ouano was suspended from his position of mayor, and replaced by acting mayor Amadeo Seno. As of October 2008, the prosecution stated that they lacked sufficient evidence to take the lamppost case to trial, and that the original charges were based on import documents that may turn out to have had falsified prices recorded. which later the office of the Ombudsman dismissed in 2011.
Teddy Ouano is one of the Cebu Provincial Board member representing the sixth district and was a member of the Liberal Party since 2012. He died of cancer at the age of 69 on February 26, 2016.
- by (2014-04-16). "Thadeo Z. Ouano - Cebu Provincial Government". Cebu.gov.ph. Retrieved 2016-02-27.
-  Archived September 4, 2004, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Populasyon di mapugngan". Banat News. Banat news.
- Sun.Star Cebu: Bets concede defeat in Cebu, Mandaue, GMA News 16 May 2007
- Suspension order served vs mayor in lamppost scam, GMA News 3 April 2007
- Sunstar: Engineer ‘forced to sign’ papers for lamps, GMA News 28 April 2007
- Dismissal of remaining Cebu lamppost scam cases sought, GMA News 27 October 2008
- Ombudsman withdraws graft cases in Cebu lamppost scam, GMA News 17 October 2008
-  Archived April 20, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
-  Archived February 14, 2015, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Cebu Board member Teddy Ouano succumbs to cancer | News | GMA News Online". Gmanetwork.com. Retrieved 2016-02-27.