Thai Meethu Sathiyam
|Thai Meethu Sathyam|
|Produced by||Chinnappa Thevar|
|Story by||Chinnappa Thevar|
|Music by||Sankar Ganesh|
|Edited by||MG Balu Rao|
|30 October 1978|
Thai Meethu Sathiyam (English: I swear upon my mother) is a 1978 Indian Tamil-language action-adventure film inspired by the western film genre, directed by R. Thyagarajan. The film stars Rajinikanth and Sripriya in the lead roles.
Babu is a shepherd with a giant crook, a flourishing ponytail and a dog named Ramu. When criminals Balu and Johnny murder his parents, he swears upon his mother that he will have revenge. Babu trains under the local zamindar, and is revealed to be naturally skilled at marksmanship. After removing his ponytail, dressing himself like a cowboy, equipping himself with the zamindar's guns and a horse, and with Ramu as his aide, he fulfils his promise.
- Rajnikanth as Babu
- Sripriya as Sivakami
- Ambareesh as the zamindar
- Mohan Babu as Johnny
- Tiger Prabhakar as Balu
- AVM Rajan
- S.A Asokan
Thai Meethu Sathiyam, directed by R. Thyagarajan, was Rajinikanth's first film in the Western genre, and the plot took inspiration from several Curry Westerns starring Jaishankar. Sripriya was cast as Sivagami, the love interest of Rajinikanth's character Balu. Ambareesh was cast as the zamindar Balu trains under, while Mohan Babu and Tiger Prabhakar were cast respectively as Johnny and Balu, the criminals who murder Babu's parents.
|1.||"Babu Babu Enge"||3:22|
|2.||"Neram Vandhachu"||P. Susheela, T. M. Soundararajan||3:55|
- Sreekanth 2008, p. 369.
- Maderya, Kumuthan (2010). "Rage against the state: historicizing the "angry young man" in Tamil cinema". Jump Cut. Retrieved 8 November 2016.
- Ramachandran 2012, pp. 85-86.
- Ramachandran 2012, p. 85.
- Ramachandran 2012, p. 86.
- "தாய் மீது சத்தியம் தமிழ் திரைப்படம்" [I swear upon my mother - Tamil feature film] (in Tamil). Spicyonion. Retrieved 15 February 2017.
- Ramachandran, Naman (2012). Rajinikanth: The Definitive Biography. Penguin Books.
- Sreekanth, Gayathri (2008). The Name is Rajinikanth. Om Books International.
|This article about a Tamil-language film of the 1970s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|