Thai President Foods
|Traded as||SET: TF|
|Founded||April 18, 1972|
|Mr Pipat Paniangvait, CEO|
Thai President Foods PCL (TF) (Thai: บริษัท ไทย เพรซิเดนท์ ฟูดส์ จำกัด) is a Bangkok-based Thai company established 18 April 1972. It makes the internationally marketed instant noodle brand "MAMA" (Thai: มาม่า). Thai President Foods is the largest instant noodle manufacturer in Thailand as of 2015, with a 53 percent share of the market.
As of 2008, 3,824 people were employed by Thai President Foods
In its 2014 Annual Report TPF declared that two company 10-year targets were to grow total income to 20,000 million baht and to move to a ratio of 50:50 (domestic sales:export sales) from its present 80:20.:31 As of 2015, Thai President Foods is the largest instant noodle manufacturer in Thailand, with a 53 percent share of the market.
The company has factories in Lamphun, Si Racha, and Rayong in Thailand. In addition to its Thailand factories, Thai President has factories in Myanmar, Bangladesh, Cambodia, and Hungary.:33 The Hungarian factory's two production lines have a capacity of 4.5 million noodle packs per shift per month. It produces "Thai Chef" and "Asia Gold" brand noodles for the European market.:33
Total Thai sales of instant noodles of all brands in 2015 was estimated at 15.8 billion baht compared to 2014's 15.4 billion baht.
In 2014, when the political crisis slowed Thailand's economic growth to 0.9 per cent and eventually led to a military coup, the growth of MAMA noodle sales hit a low of 1 percent. In 2015, when the military government could not propel the country beyond an estimated 2.8 percent growth, sales of MAMA noodles only grew 0.4 percent—a 44 year record low. In spite of lacklustre growth in 2014, profits were 1.7 billion baht. Revenue in 2014 was 12 billion baht.:3 The sales contraction in 2015 reflects the economic slowdown which has affected lower-income earners, the main consumers of instant noodles. Mr Wathit Chokewattana, vice president of the company, said that the growth rate of instant noodles has averaged 5–6 percent per year historically. MAMA remains the market leader with a 50.25 percent share of the market:29, followed by Wai Wai and Yum Yum.
Thai President's product range:36 is:
- Instant soups, including "oriental style instant noodles". Flavours include pork, Thai Tom yum shrimp, chicken, vegetarian, Vietnamese Phở (beef), Thai Pad kee mao, Thai curry and others. Packed in both individual packs and disposable cups.
- Parboiled rice
- Baked products
- Wheat flour, dry vegetables, rice noodles, and seasonings.
- Soft drinks
- Fruit juice
- herbal juices
- Dairy products
MAMA Tom Yum Shrimp Flavor Instant Noodles
|Product type||Instant noodle|
The food company's main products are flavoured instant noodles mainly sold under the MAMA brand and other brands such as "Mamy", "Pama", "Papa", "Sai Keo" and "Honghow" which are distributed worldwide. In 2014, the company had an estimated daily capacity of six million packages.:35
- "Message from the Chief Executive Officer". Thai President Foods PCL. Retrieved 8 February 2016.
- "Mama instant noodles sale drops for the first time in 42 years". ThaiPBS. 2015-06-09. Retrieved 9 June 2015.
- www.mama.co.th Company > History, retrieved 2009-09-19 Archived June 20, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- Wright Reports Thai President Foods Public Company Limited - Company Profile Snapshot, retrieved 2008-09-19 Archived August 12, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- Annual Report 2014 (PDF). Thai President Foods. 2015. Retrieved 9 Jun 2015.
- "Factory". Thai President Foods PCL. Retrieved 9 June 2015.
- Yee, Tan Hui (2016-02-02). "Thailand's queen of instant noodles takes a hit due to slowing economy". Straits Times. Retrieved 2 February 2016.
- "Message from the Board of Directors". Thai President PCL. Retrieved 9 June 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Thai President Foods.|