Thai President Foods
|Traded as||SET: TF|
|Founded||April 18, 1972|
Sales of MAMA instant noodles dropped 0.3% for the first four months of 2015, the first sales drop in 42 years, said Mr Wathit Chokewattana, vice president of the company. He remains confident that sales will pick up for the rest of the year and he expects sales of MAMA instant noodles to grow by 3% in 2015, compared to just 1.2–1.3% in 2014. In spite of lacklustre growth in 2014, profits were 1.7 billion baht. Revenue in 2014 was 12 billion baht. The sales contraction for the first four months of the year reflects the economic slowdown which has affected lower-income earners, the main consumers of instant noodles. Mr Wathit said that the growth rate of instant noodles has averaged 5-6% per year historically. MAMA remains the market leader with a 53% share of the market, followed by Wai Wai and Yum Yum. Total sales of instant noodles of all brands this year was estimated at 15.8 billion baht compared to last years 15.4 billion baht.
The food company's main products are flavoured instant noodles mainly sold under the MAMA brand and other brands such as "Mamy", "Pama", "Papa", "Sai Keo" and "Honghow" which are distributed worldwide. In Thailand, instant noodles made by Thai President Foods have a 50% + market share which gives the company a market dominance in that segment. In 2008, the company exported five million packages per day.
The product range is:
- Instant soups, including "oriental style instant noodles". Flavours include pork, Thai Tom yum shrimp, chicken, vegetarian, Vietnamese Phở (beef), Thai Pad kee mao, Thai curry and others. Packed in both individual bags and disposable cups.
- Parboiled rice
- Baked products
- Wheat flour, dry vegetables, rice noodles, and seasonings.
- Soft drinks
- Fruit juice
- herbal juices
- Dairy products
- Packaging materials
Thai President Foods takes part in the government marketing campaign "Diversity and Refinement" (registration no. FB 0128/05) by the Department of Export Promotion.
- "Mama instant noodles sale drops for the first time in 42 years". ThaiPBS. 2015-06-09. Retrieved 9 June 2015.
- www.mama.co.th Company > History, retrieved 2009-09-19 Archived June 20, 2010 at the Wayback Machine
- Wright Reports Thai President Foods Public Company Limited - Company Profile Snapshot, retrieved 2008-09-19 Archived August 12, 2007 at the Wayback Machine
- "Factory". Thai President Foods PCL. Retrieved 9 June 2015.
- "Message from the Board of Directors". Thai President PCL. Retrieved 9 June 2015.
- Annual Report 2014 (PDF). 2015. p. 3. Retrieved 9 Jun 2015.
- www.mama.co.th What we do, retrieved 2009-09-19 Archived December 22, 2009 at the Wayback Machine
- www.mama.co.th Corporate profile > sec. Main Business, retrieved 2008-09-19 Archived September 21, 2009 at the Wayback Machine
- www.mama.co.th Investor Relation, sec. "Business Scope of Companies in TF Group", retrieved 2009-09-19 Archived September 21, 2009 at the Wayback Machine
- Official site (English)
- finance.google.com — Information about Thai President Foods by Google Finance