Thailand Board of Investment
|Formed||July 21, 1966|
|Jurisdiction||Kingdom of Thailand|
|Parent agency||Office of the Prime Minister|
The Thailand Board of Investment (BOI) is an agency of the Government of Thailand. Its mission is to promote foreign investment in Thailand by providing information, services, and incentives to interested foreign investors. The office operates under the aegis of the Prime Minister's Office. The BOI operates 14 offices in major world cities as well as regional offices throughout Thailand.
According to the Bank of Thailand (BOT) foreign direct investment (FDI) in Thailand in the first half of 2016 fell by more than 90 percent in value to US$347 million. The BOT said FDI declined from US$4.2 billion in the same period in 2015 to its lowest value since 2005.
In general, overseas investors are satisfied with BOI services. The service with the highest satisfaction score is BOI incentives. The service with the lowest satisfaction score is the speed at which BOI provides its services. Foreign investors are satisfied with the integrity of BOI staff, but least satisfactory for foreign investors is responses and explanations from BOI staffers.:11
- "ผู้บริหาร". The Board of Investment of Thailand. Retrieved 29 March 2016.
- "Incentives". Thailand Board of Investment (BOI). Retrieved 13 January 2017.
- "Thailand takes steps to boost FDI". Oxford Business Group. 2016-07-19. Retrieved 13 January 2017.
- "What We Do". Thailand Board of Investment (BOI). Retrieved 13 January 2017.
- "Organization Chart". Thailand Board of Investment (BOI). Retrieved 13 January 2017.
- "Foreign direct investment (FDI) collapses: Biggest dip in decade". Bangkok Post. 2 August 2016. Retrieved 13 January 2017.
- Summary Report: 2015 Foreign Investor Confidence Survey (PDF). Bangkok: Bolliger & Company (Thailand) Ltd. September 2015. Retrieved 13 January 2017.
|This government-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Thailand-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|