Thailand Center of Excellence for Life Sciences
This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (July 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Public organization overview|
|Jurisdiction||Government of Thailand|
|Headquarters||Phaya Thai, Bangkok, Thailand|
|Public organization executive|
|Parent department||Ministry of Higher Education, Science, Research and Innovation|
The Thailand Center of Excellence for Life Sciences (TCELS) was founded in 2004 by the government of Thailand. TCELS is a public organization under the auspices of the Ministry of Higher Education, Science, Research and Innovation. TCELS has the responsibility of providing a link between innovation in life sciences and investment, and spurring domestic and international partnership in the life science business in Thailand.
TCELS was founded in 2004. Initially, TCELS was established as an organization under the umbrella of the Office of Knowledge Management and Development (OKMD), which houses a group of public organizations under the supervision of the Office of the Prime Minister. On 27 May 2011, TCELS was elevated to a public organization under the Ministry of Science and Technology.
- Support and develop the life sciences business and industry
- Promote and support innovations, research, and knowledge related to the commercialization of life sciences products and services
- Develop and support the necessary infrastructure and human capacity for life sciences business and industry
- Create a strategic plan for developing life sciences business and industry
- Serve as the coordination center for facilitating cooperation among domestic and international organizations for life sciences business and industry
- Serve as Thailand’s life sciences business information and knowledge center.
Pharmaceuticals and biotechnology
TCELS conducts projects in medical robotics, medical devices, and operates the Advanced Dental Technology Center (ADTEC).
- "Our Mission". TCELS. Retrieved 13 March 2017.
- "Pharmaceutical / Medical Biotech / Biotech Industry". TCELS. Retrieved 13 March 2017.
- "Herbal/Cosmeseutical Industry". TCELS. Retrieved 13 March 2017.
- "Medical Devices / Bio Medical Robotic". TCELS. Retrieved 13 March 2017.
- "Medical Services". TCELS. Retrieved 13 March 2017.
- "The New Age of Life Sciences in Thailand; TCELS: Shaping the Future of Thailand's Life Sciences Industry" (Advertisement). Thailand Center of Excellence for Life Sciences (TCELS). Retrieved 26 January 2017.
|This biotechnology article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|