|Produced by||V. Ravichandran|
|Story by||T. Damodaran|
|Music by||D. Imman|
|Cinematography||K. S. Selvaraj|
|Edited by||Mu. Kasi Viswanath|
Aascar Film Pvt. Ltd
|Distributed by||Aascar Film Pvt. Ltd|
|19 May 2006|
Thalai Nagaram (lit. Capital city) is a 2006 Tamil drama film directed by Suraj. The film stars director Sundar C and Jyothimayi. This film was a low-budget production and the soundtrack was composed by D. Imman. This story is a tale of a man who sacrifices his life to kick out gangsters ruining others lives. It also stars Vadivelu, Prakash Raj and Bose Venkat among others. It enjoyed huge success. The soundtrack was a great hit and the song "Etho Nennukiren" charted at the top position for 1 week. It completed 100 days. It is a remake of the Priyadarshan-Mohanlal starrer Abhimanyu. It was remade in Kannada as Devru.
- Sundar C as Subramaniam (Right)
- Jyothimayi as Divya
- Vadivelu as Naai Sekar
- Prakash Raj as Inspector
- Bose Venkat as Balu
- Judo. K. K. Rathnam as Qassim Bhai
- K. S. Ravikumar as Assistant Commissioner
- Delhi Ganesh
- Besant Ravi
- Imman Annachi
- Vichu Vishwanath
The film collected a distributor share of Rs 4 to 5 crores at the box office.
A dialogue from the film, Trisha illana Divya (If not Trisha, then Divya) spoken by Vadivelu attained popular usage across Chennai after the film's release. The dialogue also inspired the title of Adhik Ravichandran's Trisha Illana Nayanthara (2015), in which the main character adapts a similarly flexible attitude regarding his choice of lover. The dialogue "Aei ennaya vechi comedy kemedy panalayae" (Hey Are you making fun or trolling me?) also become famous and used in many movies later for its modulation. A dialogue spoken by Vadivelu, "Naanum Rowdythan" (I too am a rowdy) later inspired the title of a movie Naanum Rowdy Dhaan.
- "Thalainagaram". Sify. 19 May 2006. Retrieved 19 May 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 8 December 2007. Retrieved 30 March 2009.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Ramanujam, Srinivasa (2015-10-20). "Nayantara's unique dubbing process". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2018-04-27.
- Lee, Dharmik (2017-05-16). "வடிவேலுவின் ஃபேமஸ் டயலாக்குகள்தான் இந்தப் படங்களின் டைட்டில்ஸ்!". Vikatan (in Tamil). Retrieved 2018-04-27.
- Thalai Nagaram on IMDb
- "Thalainagaram. Thalainagaram Movie Cast & Crew". bharatmovies.com. Retrieved 18 September 2010.
|This article about a Tamil-language film of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|