This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Small town, developed village.
|Named for||Surrounding areas headquarter|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Vehicle registration||TN-77 footnotes =|
Government entities include Panchayat Union, Sub-Registrar office, Police Station & Primary Health Care unit. Thalaivasal (93) is the state assembly seat and is reserved for Scheduled Caste,
Vasishta Nadi that originates from Salem district, flows through Attur, Thalaivasal and Cuddalore district. This river flows in Tiruchirapalli and joins Sweta Nadi before flowing into the Bay of Bengal. Vasishta Nadi flows on the southern part of the village.
Mummudi, union office , M.G.R. Nagar , Ponnoli nagar, Veppanatham, Varagoor, Siva sankarapuram, siruvachoor, நாவக்குறிச்சி ஊராட்சி, Pattu thurai, Deviya kurichi, Kaamakka apaliyam, Thiyakanuor, Nathakkarai, Periyeri, Rayappanoor, Chinnasalem, Aaragalur, Puthur, Navakkurichi, Unathur, Vedhanayakapuram
Tuesday farmers market and also daily morning agriculture market to collect the daily farmers produce by wholesale dealers. Daily farmers market in Tamil Nadu. A variety of vegetables are available.
Road: Thalaivasal is on National Highway 68. Trichy is also connected through Veeraganur. 24 × 7 Transportation is available as it is there in NH-68. chinnasalem to tirupathi bus available at ( 5.30pm and 8 pm at chinnasalem, 5.20am at tirupathi)
- Salem to Vriddhachalam passenger
- Bangalore to Karaikkal Fast passenger
- Salem to chennai egmore to dadar express
- Puducherry to Mangalore weekly express
- Yeshwantpur(Bangalore) to Puducherry garib rath
- Erode to chennai egmore special daytime intercity express
Train: Salem - Virudhachalam passenger, Salem - Chennai express.
Railways: Thalaivasal Railway station is located about 1 km from the village. Train routes are 1. salem-valapaddy-pethanaickenpalayam-attur-thalaivasal-chinnasalem-virudhachalam-Villupuram-Chennai Egmore. 2.salem-valapaddy-pethanaickenpalayam-attur-thalaivasal-virudhachalam.
- Hindu Temples such as Thalaivasal Thirukarugavur Temple & Narasimha Swami temple
- St. Joseph's Church
- bharaman temple
The Narasimha Swami temple located here is quite famous and draws a significant number of tourists. The Hoysala kings Narasimha I and his decedents have invaded Magadai mandalam in the 12th century. The travelers Bungalow at Thalaivasal was built prior to 1883 by Krishnama Naidu.
Post office (636 112), Std code (04282)
- Tippu Sultan, a Fanatic? By Jalajā Caktitācan̲
- "List of Parliamentary and Assembly Constituencies" (PDF). Tamil Nadu. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original (PDF) on 4 May 2006. Retrieved 9 October 2008.