|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (October 2010)|
|Dr. Ferenc Darvas,
ThalesNano, Inc. is a solution provider for chemists, with products mainly in the field of flow chemistry. Its headquarters is in Budapest, Hungary with representation in Europe, North America and Asia. ThalesNano was spun out of ComGenex, Inc in 2002 to commercialise ComGenex’s innovations in the areas of microfluidics, mesofluidics and nanotechnology.
Since then a series of modular components have been developed by the company that expand the possibilities provided by the H-Cube, as well as developing a newer version of the initial product (called the H-Cube Pro).
- H-Cube, A bench top flow hydrogenation reactor.
- H-Cube Midi, A Process scale flow hydrogenation reactor.
- H-Cube Pro, The next generation version of the H-Cube flow hydrogenation reactor.
- Gas Module, A modular component for the H-Cube and H-Cube Pro flow hydrogenation reactors, which allows the utilization of 13 gases besides hydrogen.
- Phoenix Flow Reactor A modular component for the H-Cube and H-Cube Pro flow hydrogenation reactors, which allows the utilization of very high (450 °C / 842 °F) temperatures.
Aside its product portfolio, ThalesNano also offers chemistry related services. These are as follows:
- Catalyst Screening and Profiling: High throughput catalyst screening in flow-through mode with fixed bed reactors.
- Hydrogenation Services: Performing heterogeneous hydrogenation on a wide range of chemical groups.
- Flow Based Chemistry Services: Custom synthesis, process development, scale-up services.
Notes and references
-  R&D Magazine's Article
-  H-Cube adopted by the top 20 Pharma
-  Heterogeneous hydrogenation reactions using a continuous flow high pressure device, Desai, B. and Kappe, O.,J.Comb. Chem.; 2005; 7; 5; 641-643
-  Enantiomer selective acylation of racemic alcohols by lipases in continuous-flow bioreactors, Csajagi, Cs., Szatzker, G., Toke, E.R., Urge, L., Darvas, F., Poppe, L., Tetrahedron: Asymmetry, 2008, 19(2), 237-246
-  Construction and Validation of an Automated Flow Hydrogenation Instrument for Application in High-Throughput Organic Chemistry, Clapham, B., Wilson, N.S., Mischmerhuizen, M.J., Blanchard, D.P., Dingle, D.M., Nemcek, T.A., Pan, J.Y., Sauer, D.R., J. Comb. Chem., 2008, 10, 88-93
-  Automated Technology for Performing Flow-Chemistry at Elevated Temperature and Pressure, Kovacs, I., Jones, R., Niesz, K., Csajagi, Cs., Borcsek, B., Darvas, F., Urge, L., Journal of the Association for Laboratory Automation, 2007, 12 (5), 284-290