|Birth name||Ghantasala Sai Srinivas Thaman Sivakumar|
16 November 1983 |
Andhra Pradesh, India
|Occupation(s)||Actor, composer, record producer, music director, singer|
|Instruments||Rhythm pads and keyboard|
Although Thaman entered the film industry as an actor in a supporting role in the film Boys, he soon turned film composer and became popular for his work as a music director. His debut film as music director was the Tamil film Sindhanai Sei, while his first Telugu film was Kick.
Personal life and career
He was born in Andhra Pradesh, India into a Telugu Brahmin family. He is the grand child of Ghantasala Balaramayya, director and producer, known for producing the Telugu film Seetarama Jananam, the debut film of Akkineni Nageswara Rao. Thaman hails from a family of musicians from Pottepalem, Nellore District. His father Ghantasala Siva Kumar was a Drummer, who worked for seven hundred films, under composer, K. Chakravarthy, his mother Ghantasala Savitri is a playback singer and his aunt is singer P. Vasantha. Thaman is married to Play back singer Sri Vardhini.
At the age of nine, He joined S.P. Balasubramaniam, Ilaiyaraaja's brother, and G. Anand as a rhythm pads player, and discontinued studies when he lost his father at the age of 13. He was compelled to make his hobby into a profession to meet the crisis in his family. He then joined Raj-Koti team, and worked for three years on sixty films and then joined M. M. Keeravani and worked with him for three years completing thirty films. He has also gained experience from composers like Vandemataram Srinivas, Chakri, R. P. Patnaik and Devi Sri Prasad.
He then spent six and a half years under the tutelage of Manisharma and worked on eighty films with him. On the whole he put in fourteen years of rhythm and keyboard programming with the veterans before branching out on his own.
- 2011: SIIMA Award for Best Music Director for Dookudu
- 2012: SIIMA Award for Best Male Playback Singer for "Sir Osthara" – Businessman
- 2012: Nominated—SIIMA Award for Best Music Director for Businessman
- Other Awards
- The Hyderabad Times Film Awards 2011 – Best Music Director for Dookudu
- MAA Music Awards 2011 – Best Music Director for Dookudu
- TSR TV9 2011–2012 – Best Music Director for Dookudu
- Film scores and soundtracks
|O Meri Bhavri||Veera||Telugu|
|Melukora Melukora||Love Failure||Telugu|
|Kathi Lanti Pilla||Naayak||Telugu|
|En Aalu||Summa Nachunu Irukku||Tamil||Composed by Achu Rajamani|
|Edhirthu Nil||Biriyani||Tamil||Composed by Yuvan Shankar Raja|
|Down Down||Race Gurram||Telugu|
|Feel of Aagadu||Aagadu||Telugu|
|Nuvve Nuvve||Kick 2||Telugu|
|Ye Pilla Pilla||Pandaga Chesko||Telugu|
|Chuda Sakagunnave||Pandaga Chesko||Telugu|
|Le Chalo||Bruce Lee||Telugu|
- As actor
|2008||Sindhanai Sei||Tamil||Cameo appearance|
|2011||Vandhaan Vendraan||Tamil||Cameo appearance|
- Thaman to render music for NTR – Harish Shankar movie – Pluz Media
- Interview with Music director SS Thaman
- "thehindu.com news".
- "hindu news".
- Studio N – Exclusive interview with Music Director Thaman S | ap7am
- Budding Talent in Music
- Thaman launches music band – The New Indian Express
- Shadow-Baadshah-Nayak – Common Issues – Andhravilas.com -Telugu Cinema, Telugu Movies, India News & World News , Bollywood , Songs :
- Thaman S Biography, Thaman S Profile – entertainment.oneindia.in
- "Boys: A Preview". Rediff.com. Retrieved 14 September 2011.
- "We're trying to record live: Tharman – Times Of India". Times of India. 10 August 2009. Retrieved 14 September 2011.
- "The 59th Idea Filmfare Awards 2011(South)". 8 July 2012.
- "The Hyderabad Times Film Awards 2011". 24 June 2012.