|Directed by||R. Ammu Ramesh|
|Produced by||R. K. Suresh|
|Written by||R. Ammu Ramesh|
|Music by||D. Imman|
|Edited by||S. Surajkavee|
Thambikottai is a 2011 Indian Tamil-language action-masala film directed by R. Ammu Ramesh. It stars Narain, Meena and Poonam Bajwa in the lead roles, with Prabhu, Sangeetha, Rajendran and Santhanam among others playing supporting roles. The film was released on 11 February 2011. It was an average grosser film.
Azhagiri (Narain) and his sister Shanmughapriya (Meena) are siblings who live only for each other. Azhagiri is a student and his sister is a lecturer. Saissa (N. Santhanam) and the crew form his sidekicks and Valayapatti (M. S. Bhaskar) is their professor, who invariable falls quarry to Saissa’s unwitting jokes and intentional pranks. Azhagiri goes to Thambikkotai on an NSS field trip. There he falls in love with Kanaga (Poonam Bajwa). who is the daughter of Amirthalingam (Rajendran), a rich don of the village. Amirthalingam tries to kill government officers who want to repair a damaged bridge that connects the village with the outside world. The village has a connection to Azhagiri, his sister and their dead father, Shanmugam (Prabhu).
- Narain as Azhagiri Shanmugam
- Meena as Shanmugapriya
- Prabhu as Shanmugam (Guest appearance)
- Poonam Bajwa as Kanaga Amirthalingam
- Santhanam as Saissa
- Sangeetha as Beeda Pandiamma
- Rajendran as Amirthalingam
- Vijayalakshmi as Lakshmi
- M. S. Bhaskar as Valayapatti
- Ganja Karuppu as Karuppu
- Manobala as Puli
The film was launched at AVM Studios on 14 December 2009. Prabhu, Mysskin, JayamRavi, Jayam Raja, Mohan, Kalaipuli S Thanu and Prasanna, were present for the function.
- "Friday Fury- February 11". Sify.com.
- "Narain becomes Azhagiri - Tamil Movie News". IndiaGlitz. 2010-09-23. Retrieved 2012-11-08.
- "Sangeetha is don 'Beeda Pandiamma' - Tamil Movie News". IndiaGlitz. 2010-02-23. Retrieved 2012-11-08.
- "Narain's 'Thambikottai' starts rolling! - Tamil Movie News". IndiaGlitz. 2009-12-14. Retrieved 2012-11-08.
|This article about a Tamil-language film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|