|Motto||Where Learning Comes First|
|DfE URN||137237 Tables|
|Houses||Centaur, Dragon, Griffin, Phoenix|
|Colours||Red & Black|
Thamesmead School is a secondary academy school for boys and girls located in Shepperton, England. It for students aged 11 to 16, and does not have a sixth form. The school motto is "Where Learning Comes First".
The school is divided into year groups for tutor time, with school house and school year affecting a student's placing.
There are four school houses, Centaur, Dragon, Phoenix and Griffin, each being composed of students from all year groups. Before 2013 Centaur, Dragon, Phoenix and Griffin houses were known as Aylword, Newton, Keller and Brunel respectively.
In 2015-16 81% of students achieved five A*-C grades including English and maths - a further 2% rise on the previous year's results. In addition to outstanding results in English, maths and science, students achieved particularly well in the performing arts, physical education, ICT, art and modern foreign languages.
Thamesmead has been highly commended for excellent improvement in GCSE results between 2013 and 2015.
Ofsted visited the school in 2017.
- Richard Archer - lead singer for the chart topping band HARD-Fi
- Rohan Ince - footballer who plays for Football League Championship club Brighton and Hove Albion as a holding midfielder
- Georgia Lancaster - 2014 World Acrobatic Gymnastic Trio Champion
- Elise Matthews - 2014 World Acrobatic Gymnastic Trio Champion
- Dan Melchior - singer, songwriter, and guitarist now living in the US
- Steven Rushton - bassist for the band Son Of Dork (and writer of the Hannah Montana theme tune)
- Spelbound - various members, winners of Britain's Got Talent 2011
- "Edubase record - Establishment: Thamesmead School". Department for Education. Retrieved 2011-06-18.