|Died||2 October 2018 (aged 64)|
|Alma mater||St. Dominic's College|
|Years active||1979 – 2018|
Thampi was born on 11 December 1953 as the sixth son of Baby Kannanthanam and Thankamma at Kanjirappally, Kottayam. He studied in MT Seminary School and at St. Dominic's College. He began his film career as an assistant director. Thampi was married to Kunjumol and the couple have two children—Aiswarya and Angel.
He debuted as a director in 1983 with the film Thavalam. He has also acted in Itha Oru Theeram (1980), Attimari (1981), Madrasile Mon (1982), Thudarkatha (1991). He was most active during the period 1980-90. His most notable directorial films include Rajavinte Makan, Vazhiyorakazchakal, Bhoomiyile Rajakkanmar, Indrajaalam, Naadody, Chukkan, and Maanthrikam.
Thampi was admitted to a private hospital in Kochi following various ailments. His health condition worsened further and he died on 2 October 2018. He is survived by his wife Kunjumol, daughters Aiswarya and Angel.
|1979||Itha Oru Theeram||Yes|
|1980||Ithikkara Pakki||Yes||Assistant director|
|1982||Post Mortem||Yes||Yes||Associate director|
|1985||Aa Neram Alppa Dooram||Yes||Yes|
|2000||Oru Cheru Punchiri||Yes|
|2001||Hadh: Life on the Edge of Death||Yes||Hindi film|
- "തമ്പി കണ്ണന്താനം മോഹന്ലാലിനെ വെല്ലുവിളിച്ചു". www.mangalam.com.
- "All you want to know about #ThampiKannanthanam".
- "Thampi Kannanthanam about Mohanlal".
- "List of Malayalam Movies by Movie attimari". malayalasangeetham.info.
- "Filmmaker Thampi Kannanthanam passes away". Indian Express. Retrieved 2 October 2018.