Thandwe Airport (IATA: SNW, ICAO: VYTD) is an airport serving Thandwe, a town in the Rakhine State of Myanmar.
Airlines and destinations
Accidents and incidents
- On 16 August 1972, a Douglas C-47B, registration XY-ACM of Burma Airways crashed shortly after take-off on a scheduled passenger flight. Twenty-eight people on board were killed and only 3 survived.
- On 17 February 2012, Air KBZ ATR-72-500, XY-AIT overran the runway at Thandwe Airport but no injuries reported.
- ^ Airport information for VYTD at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- ^ Airport information for SNW at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- ^ "XY-ACM Accident description". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved 7 September 2010.
- ^ Hradecky, Simon (3 March 2012). "Accident: Air KBZ AT72 at Thandwe on Feb 17th 2012, runway excursion, gear collapse". The Aviation Herald. Retrieved 10 June 2013.