Thane Maynard is an American wildlife expert. In addition to being the President of the Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden, he is an author and the host of The 90-Second Naturalist, a 1½-minute radio program played on Cincinnati Public Radio stations WGUC and WVXU. Regularly appearing on Late Night with Conan O'Brien, Maynard has also been featured on Good Morning America, The Today Show, and CBS This Morning. He is actively involved in the Association of Zoos and Aquariums, and is a member of Leadership Cincinnati Class XVII, The Hillside Trust, The Ohio Chapter of TNC, and Margo Marsh Biodiversity Foundation's Board of Trustees.
- Janine Thompson (April 27, 2008). "Fur Ball". Cincinnati Enquirer. Retrieved May 13, 2008.
Thane Maynard, executive director of the Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden, received the P.B. Johnston Humane Care Award for his dedication to the welfare of animals.
- David Gonzalez (June 26, 1996). "About New York; So Her Place is a Zoo? Guests Love It". The New York Times. Retrieved May 13, 2008.
The animals were in town for, what else, a media event. Ms. Yecies's public relations company was promoting a habitat preservation program of the World Wildlife Fund and Barnum's Animal Crackers. Thane Maynard, who works with the animals at the Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden, had brought them for some promotional events but learned that his usual hotel had no vacancies, and others he tried did not welcome four-legged wildlife.
- Henry Fountain (September 10, 2006). "Homo Sapiens, Star of the Wildlife Show". The New York Times.
- :: Welcome To The Cincinnati Zoo ::
- WGUC 90.9 FM | Hosts | Thane Maynard
|This article about an American zoologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|