Thani bin Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani
|Thani bin Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani|
Thani bin Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani|
|Occupation||Board of Directors, Doha Film Institute, International Bank of Qatar|
Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani|
Noora bint Khalid Al-Thani
|Reference style||His Excellency|
|Spoken style||Your Excellency|
Sheikh Thani bin Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani is the brother of the Emir of Qatar Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, and son of the country's Father Emir Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani. Al-Thani sits on the board of directors of the Doha Film Institute and International Bank of Qatar.
Al-Thani has met with numerous heads of state on behalf of the Qatari government, including Sudan's President Omar al-Bashir in Khartoum, Sudan, April 2017, and Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan in Ankara, Turkey, June 2016. In September 2016, alongside Qatar's Emir and foreign minister, he attended the Seventy-first session of the United Nations General Assembly. In September 2015, Al-Thani, with his family, visited the Ruler of Dubai and Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates, Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, at Zabeel Palace, to express condolences on the death of the Ruler's son Rashid bin Mohammed Al Maktoum. In April 2017, Al-Thani visited Saudi Arabia's Governor of Mecca, Khalid bin Faisal Al Saud, to share his condolences on the death of Prince Khalid's brother Saad bin Faisal.
Al-Thani has attended several equestrian events on behalf of Qatar's royal family including the Ascot Gold Cup at Ascot Racecourse, and the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe at Longchamp Racecourse. He has presented prestigious awards such as Qatar's Gold Sword and the Emir's Sword at a number of major horse races in Qatar.
Other notable siblings of Al-Thani include the Deputy Emir of Qatar and Chairman of the Qatar Investment Authority, Abdullah bin Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, Chairman of the 2022 FIFA World Cup, Mohammed bin Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, President of the Qatar Olympic Committee and owner of Al Shaqab racing, Joaan bin Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, Chairperson of Qatar Museums and Doha Film Institute, Al-Mayassa bint Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani, Vice Chairperson and CEO of Qatar Foundation, Hind bint Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani, Chairman of Aspire Academy and owner of Katara, Jasim bin Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, and owner of Al-Anabi racing Khalid bin Hamad Al Thani.
- "The family tree of Qatar's new emir, the fourth-oldest son, who has 23 brothers and sisters". Quartz Media. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- "Doha Film Institute Leadership". Doha Film Institute. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- "Company Overview of International Bank of Qatar Q.S.C." Bloomberg. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- "President of Sudan Meets HE Sheikh Thani bin Hamad Al-Thani". Qatar News Agency. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- "HH the Emir Meets Turkish President". Qatar News Agency. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- "Mohammed bin Rashid accepts condolences from Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani". fazza.ae. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- "Sheikh Thani Honours Winners of Qatar Gold Sword and Awards". Qatar News Agency. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- "HH Father Emir Inaugurates Mall of Qatar". Qatar News Agency. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- "Qatar's Emir names second-in-command, and a new head of the Diwan". Doha News. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- "Corruption allegations rock Qatar's successful 2022 World Cup bid". CNN. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- "Sheikh Joaan bin Hamad Al-Thani Elected President of Qatar Olympic Committee". Qatar News Agency. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- "Qatar's Sheikha Mayassa tops art power list". The Guardian. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- "Sheikha Hind named new CEO of Qatar Foundation". Qatar Foundation. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- "Seeking Soccer Respect, Qatar Looked Abroad". New York Times. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- "Drag Racing's Patron Sheik". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- "@th". Instagram. Retrieved 2017-04-26.