Thapki Pyar Ki
|Thapki Pyar Ki|
|Also known as||Thapki Pyaar Ki|
|Hindi||थपकी प्यार की|
|Genre||Indian soap opera
|Written by||Ved Raj Shrivastava
|Story by||Ved Raj Shrivastava|
|Opening theme||Thap, Thap, Thapki... Thapki Pyar Ki|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||555 as of 14 January 2017|
|Producer(s)||Shoonya Square Productions
|Running time||Approx. 20 minutes|
|Original network||Colors TV|
|Picture format||576i (PAL)
|Original release||25 May 2015– present|
Thapki Pyar Ki (English: Pat of Love, Love and Support) (also known as Thapki Pyaar Ki) is an Indian television drama series that premiered on 25 May 2015 on Colors TV, and airs daily at 6:30pm IST. This show portrays the story of a girl nicknamed Thapki who stammers.
||This section's plot summary may be too long or excessively detailed. (September 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Vani Chaturvedi (Jigyasa Singh) is fondly called Thapki as she stutters while speaking. Thapki is a cheerful and intelligent girl. She never loses hope and doesn't let her stuttering become an obstacle in her life. Thapki isn't getting a marriage proposal because of her stuttering. After sometime, a marriage proposal is accepted by Diwakar Mishra, who is shorter than Thapki. As soon as he comes to know the stuttering of Thapki, he denies to marry her. But in the name of marriage, his family makes her family spend a lot of money. Diwakar insults her and denies to marry her on the mandap, leavingThapki heartbroken.
After some weeks, Thapki gets a job in a channel named News 365, owned by Dhruv Pandey (Ankit Bathla). Thapki and her family migrate to Noida. Thapki gets the job soon and her work and confidence impresses Dhruv. Dhruv and Thapki soon fall in love.
Dhruv tells his family that he wishes to marry Thapki. Dhruv's mother says yes for the marriage. Vasundhra hate things which doesn't work properly or people who stutter. Vasu didn't know about Thapki's stuttering, but as soon as she gets to know, she finds ways to separate Dhruv and Thapki. On the day of the marriage, Vasu asks Bihaan (Manish Goplani), the adopted son and brother of Dhruv, to mix drugs in Dhruv's meals. Dhruv regains consciousness after some time, but Bihaan hits him on the head and he again falls unconscious. Bihaan then marries Thapki, which gives a big shock to Thapki and her family. Thapki hates Bihaan because of his behavior, and of the past incidents of him making fun of Thapki.
Vasu is in a hurry to conduct the marriage of Dhruv and Shraddha (Monica Khanna), a girl of Vasu's choice, as she finds that Dhruv is still attracted to Thapki. Soon, Thapki and Bihaan find out that Shraddha isn't sweet and good as she pretends, and try their best to stop the marriage of Dhruv with Shraddha, but fails. Shraddha hates Thapki because everybody pays attention and appreciates Thapki. Shraddha is always on to downtrod Thapki, but fails.
One day, during a puja, a deity of a goddess was about to fall on Vasu. Thapki saves Vasu from getting hurt. From that day, she is ashamed of the wrong deeds she did to Thapki. Shraddha gets furious by knowing that Vasu has taken Thapki's side.
Now, Shraddha starts to do all the things to down trod Thapki. She finds ways to insult Thapki and even fakes a pregnancy to get attention and care from the family. She even tries to kill Thapki.
Bihaan finds out that Shraddha tries to kill Thapki. The family is shocked to hear this. Shraddha's fake pregnancy truth also comes true. Vasu then orders Shraddha to leave the house, but Dhruv refuses.
Now Bihaan falls for Thapki. He reciprocates his feelings to Thapki. Thapki also loves Bihaan and also reciprocates her feelings. Shraddha is now good and helps the family members. After the incident, Balvinder decides to re-conduct the marriage of Thapki and Bihaan, with all the rituals. Dhruv is now jealous of Thapki and Bihaan's immense love. He tries all ways to break the marriage of Thapki and Bihaan, so that he can marry Thapki. Thapki gets to know about the wicked plans of Dhruv to separate her from Bihaan. She confronts Dhruv, and Dhruv confesses his love for her. Thapki denies this, and challenges him that she will marry Bihaan. Dhruv tries many ways to create misunderstanding between Thapki and Bihaan. Finally Dhruv realises his mistakes and reunites them. Soon a new family enters the family and proves that Bihaan is their son. Bihaan thinks they are his real parents and starts to hate the others. Thapki finds out they aren't his real parents and only intend to turn Bihaan against them and steal the family money. Thapki tells Bihaan but he doesn't believe her. He tells her to come with him to live with his family but Thapki says no and stays with her in-laws. The two families face many challenges over time. Bihaan wants to throw thapki from house because of some misunderstanding,as thapki is pregnant and write the letter to bihaan but not bihaan koshi devi read that letter and doesn't tells about that letter to Bihaan. Thapki had an accident in which she lost her baby and blames Bihaan and his family for the lost of her baby.
||This section may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: This section needs to be expanded to include brief character descriptions (not just family trees or one-word parentheticals) as well as real-world context about casting, departures, etc. Seek consensus for deviations. For an example of what this section should ideally look like, see List of Millennium characters. (November 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Jigyasa Singh as Thapki Bihaan Pandey / Thapki Chaturvedi/Vaani Oberoi[clarification needed]
- Manish Goplani as Bihaan Balvinder Pandey (2015–)
- Ankit Bathla as Dhruv Balvinder Pandey (2015-)
- Sheena Bajaj as Aditi Dhruv Pandey/ Aditi Divakar Mishra/Aditi Chaturvedi (2015;2016-)
- Monica Khanna as Shraddha (vamp)[clarification needed] (2015–)
- Sehban Azim as Kabir Katyal (2016-)
- Jaya Bhattacharya as Vasundhra Balvinder Pandey / Vasu
- Resham Thakkar as Preeti Pandey (Badki bahu)[clarification needed]
- Pooja Sahu as Suman Pandey (Chutki bahu)[clarification needed]
- Shakti Singh as Krishnakanth Chaturvedi
- Prateeksha Lonkar as Poonam Chaturvedi
- Jairoop Jeevan as Balvinder Pandey
- Sanjay Pandya as Ashwin Pandey
- Vikky Chaudhary as Sanjay Pandey
- Sabina Jat as Kiran Pandey
- Smita Singh as Koshi 
- Hemant Choudhary as Naman (Koshi's second husband) 
- Dolly Chawla as Sankar (vamp)
- Aakash Talwar as Janardhan/John (Koshi's son) 
- Sharan Kaur as Sheena, Bihaan's best friend - Kaur left the series.[when?]
- Hardik Sangani as Divakar Mishra
International broadcast and dubbing
The series aired in Pakistan by Filmazia simulataneosly with Colors TV, till October 2016. It is being dubbed into Tamil as Indira – Puthumai Penn (English: Indira – A Girl of Innovation) and airs on Raj TV. It has also dubbed into Indonesian as Thapki and airs on ANTV since 18 July 2016.
- Maheshwri, Neha (25 May 2015). "Thapki to inspire people". The Times of India. Retrieved 12 September 2015.
- "Girl next door". Focus News. Retrieved 25 May 2015.
- "Colors launches Thapki Pyar Ki". The Times of India. Retrieved 25 May 2015.
- "Thapki Pyaar Ki: Show launch". India Times. Retrieved 25 May 2015.
- "Show synopsis". The Times of India. Retrieved 1 Jun 2015.
- Thapki Pyaar Ki, Colors Tv:Jigyasa Singh Surjit Saha, June 18, 2015
- "New entry in Colors' 'Thapki Pyaar Ki' – Times of India". The Times of India. 15 August 2016.
- "Pemra enforces blanket ban on Indian content in Pakistan". DAWN. 19 October 2016.