Thapki Pyar Ki
|Thapki Pyar Ki|
|Written by||Ved Raj Shrivastava |
|Directed by||Ranjan Kumar Singh|
|Opening theme||Thap, Thap, Thapki... Thapki Pyar Ki|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||704|
|Running time||Approx. 20 minutes|
|Original network||Colors TV|
|Original release||25 May 2015 –|
14 July 2017
Thapki Pyar Ki (lit. Pat of love) is an Indian television drama series that premiered on Colors TV on 25 May 2015. The series began as the story of a girl called "Thapki" who had a stutter. The Lead Actors in the Show were Jigyasa Singh and Manish Goplani who played the roles of Thapki and Bihaan respectively.
Thapki Chaturvedi (Jigyasa Singh) has a stutter but is a cheerful and intelligent girl. She never loses hope and doesn't let her stuttering become an obstacle in her life. Because of her stutter, Thapki receives no marriage proposals. Then she is introduced to Diwakar Mishra (Hardik Sangani), who is short. He too refuses to marry Thapki because of her stutter and she is left heartbroken.
After a while, Thapki finds employment at a television channel called "News 365" which is owned by Dhruv Pandey (Ankit Bathla). Dhruv is a well educated and gentle man. When Thapki and her family migrate to Noida, Thapki handles the move well and impresses Dhruv. A co-worker becomes jealous and unsuccessfully tries to cause trouble. Meanwhile, Thapki and Dhruv fall in love.
Dhruv tells his family that he wishes to marry Thapki. The family agree but Dhruv's mother, Vasundhara "Vasu" Pandey (Jaya Bhattacharya), does not like Thapki because of her stutter. On the day of the marriage, Vasu asks her adopted son, Bihaan (Manish Goplani), to poison Dhruv's food. Dhruv falls unconscious. To Thapki's horror, she is then married to Bihaan. Vasu wants Dhruv to marry a girl called Shraddha (Monica Khanna). Shradda does not like Thapki and schemes against her.
One day, Thapki saves Vasu from a falling deity. Vasu regrets her attitude to Thapki. Meanwhile, Bihaan is falling in love with Thapki. Vasu asks Thapki to leave Bihaan for his own good. She does not and they are properly married. For a time, Dhruv is jealous and trties to break up the marriage before realising the error of his ways.
Bihaan's biological family consisting of Bihaan's real mother, Kosi Jaiswal (Smita Singh) and Bihaan's real paternal uncle or stepfather, Naman Jaiswal (Hemant Choudhary) arrive. They want a kidney from Bihaan for their son, Janardhan "John" Jaiswal (Aakash Talwar). They discover that Bihaan was born with one kidney. Thapki tells Bihaan that his family will want the kidney anyway but Bihaan does not believe her. Thapki is pregnant and writes to tell Bihaan but the letter is intercepted by Bihaan's family. Thapki has an accident and loses the baby.
2 years later
Thapki returns as a business tycoon called Vaani Oberoi. With the help of Kabir (Sehban Azim), she exposes Kosi Devi and she is removed from the house. Kabir takes revenge on Bihaan for setting alight the house of his sister, Neha (Kamal Sharma). Thapki believes that Bihaan is innocent and soon Kabir does too. Thapki, Vasu and Neha expose Sankar (Dolly Chawla) as the true arsonist. The police come but Sankar escapes. Dhruv divorces Shraddha and marries Aditi (Sheena Bajaj), Thapki's sister. In a drunken state, he impregnates Aditi as well as Shraddha.
Then, Thapki falls pregnant. Sankar fakes her own death. The police arrest Bihaan for murdering Sankar. Sankar blackmails Thapki by saying she will save Bihaan from hanging if Thapki leaves. Thapki leaves and later gives birth to twin daughters who were named Tina and Bani. Sankar tries to kill one of the daughters but she is saved by Bihaan who adopts her (not knowing that his adopted daughter is his own daughter). Everyone thinks that one of the twin daughters is dead. Thapki leaves with Kabir. Bihaan tries to stop her. Shraddha tells Sankar that she knows that she had blackmail Thapki and they form an alliance. Aditi overhears them and tells Bihaan. They go to Thapki but on the way are injured when Sharddha runs them over.
7 years later
Aditi (now Aalisha Panwar) is found dead. Dhruv blames Thapki and is very angry. Aditi and Dhruv have a son, Veer (Atharva Phadnis) and Shraddha and Dhruv have a daughter, Ananya (Sia Bhatia). Bihaan has lost his memory. Shraddha and Sankar mistreat Tina (Luvneet Rajpoot). Thapki is living with Bani (Nitanshi Goel). Thapki and Bihaan meet at their daughters' school. Thapki returns in order to help Bihaan's amnesia. Shraddha blackmails Tina into pressuring Bihaan and Sankar to marry. Bihaan's memory returns when Thapki reminds him of Sankar's behaviour. Sankar implicates Shraddha.
When Vasu takes Bihaan and his family to a famous temple, a gangster called Amma Mai (Jaanvi Sangwan) kidnaps Bani. Amma Mai wants Bani to marry her son Monty (Rehaan Roy). Shraddha tries to make an alliance with Amma Mai. Shraddha's plan is revealed by Thapki. When Bihaan tries to save Bani, Bihaan is shot by Amma Mai and Bihaan dies. Amma Mai and Monty are arrested. Bani blames her mother Thapki for her father Bihaan's death and leaves home. Kosi takes Bani in. Thapki is then kidnapped by Shraddha. Vasu rescues Thapki and defeats Shraddha.
15 years later
Tina (Kritika Sharma) is to marry Samar (Gaurav Wadhwa). Bani (also Jigyasa Singh) and Kosi arrive to take revenge on Thapki. Thapki asks Aryan (also Manish Goplani), who looks like Bihaan, to impersonate Bihaan. Aryan is the brother of Bani's fiancé, Manav (Abhinandan Jindal). On the day of marriage, Kosi creates mayhem in which Tina marries Manav and Bani marries Samar. Bani apologises to Thapki and Kosi is arrested.
Aryan is told that Bani has died in an accident and Thapki's face has been completely changed by surgery after the accident. In fact, Thapki and Bani have been kidnapped by "Lovely" (Hunar Hali), a bar dancer, who is impersonating Thapki. Thapki escapes but is blackmailed into silence by Lovely, who threatens to kill Bani. Lovely is Thapki's long lost twin sister who was separated from her family when Thapki pushed her. Lovely disguises Thapki with a veil and introduces her as Rajjo. However, the family are not fooled. Samar rescues Bani. Lovely apologises for her actions.
Tina and Vasu have not yet forgiven Thapki for messing up her daughter's life. Vasu learns of Aryan and her husband Balvinder (Jairoop Jeevan) tries to kill him. Before he does, Bani explains all. Thapki is forgiven. Aryan is invited to stay with the family to take Bihaan's place. Aryan marries Thapki and everyone lives happily ever after.
- Jigyasa Singh as Thapki Aryan Khanna / Thapki Bihaan Pandey Daughter Bani / Thapki Krishnakant Chaturvedi (2015–17)
- Manish Goplani as Bihaan Balvinder Pandey / Bihaan Jaiswal (2015-17) / Aryan Khanna (2017)
- Ankit Bathla (2015–17)/Jatin Shah (2017) as Dhruv Balvinder Pandey
- Sheena Bajaj/Aalisha Panwar as Aditi Dhruv Pandey / Aditi Krishnakant Chaturvedi (2015–17)
- Monica Khanna as Shraddha Dhruv Pandey née Siakal (2015–17)
- Luvneet Rajpoot/Kritika Sharma as Tina Manav Khanna / Tina Bihaan Jaiswal (2017)
- Nitanshi Goel/Jigyasa Singh as Bani Samar Kapoor / Bani Bihaan Jaiswal (2017)
- Abhinandan Jindal as Manav Khanna (2017)
- Gaurav Wadhwa as Samar Kapoor (2017)
- Jaya Bhattacharya as Vasundhara 'Vasu' Balvinder Pandey (2015-17)
- Jairoop Jeevan as Balvinder Pandey (2015-17)
- Sabina Jat as Kiran Balvinder Pandey (2015-17)
- Pooja Sahu as Suman Sanjay Pandey (2015-17)
- Resham Thakkar as Preeti Ashwin Pandey (2015-17)
- Dolly Chawla as Sankar (2016-17)
- Usha Rana as Dadi (2015-17)
- Smita Singh as Kosi Naman Jaiswal (2016-17)
- Hemant Choudhary as Naman Jaiswal (2016-17)
- Sehban Azim as Kabir Katyal (2016-17)
- Kamal Sharma as Neha Katyal (2016-17)
- Ankit Bhardwaj/Vikky Chaudhary as Sanjay Pandey (2015-16)
- Sanjay Pandya as Ashwin Pandey (2015-16)
- Sia Bhatia as Ananya Dhruv Pandey (2017)
- Atharva Phadnis as Veer Dhruv Pandey (2017)
- Jaanvi Sangwan as Amma Mai Shekhawat (2017)
- Rehaan Roy as Monty Shekhawat (2017)
- Vishal Jethwa as Prince Shekhawat (2017)
- Unknown as Kesar Monty Shekhawat (2017)
- Hunar Hali as Lovely / Mohini Krishnakant Chaturvedi (2017)
- Amit Singh as Singer Anshuman Roy (2016)
- Aakash Talwar as Janardhan aka John Naman Jaiswal (2016)
- Sharan Kaur as Sheena (2016)
- Hardik Sangani as Diwakar Mishra (2015-16)
- Shakti Singh as Krishnakant Chaturvedi (2015)
- Prateeksha Lonkar as Poonam Krishnakant Chaturvedi (2015)
- Shubh Kalra as Shubh Krishnakant Chaturvedi (2015)
- Shrishti Maheshwari as Sakshi (2015)
- Hetal Gada as Kesar (2017)
On 12 February 2016, an episode called "Ishq Ka Rang Safed" was broadcast. Dhaani goes to the temple to make amends for drinking. She falls on the temple stairs but Bihaan saves her. Thapki arrives at the temple but hides from Bihaan. Dhaani helps Thapki and they pray together and become friends.
In the Trishakti ("Power of Three") a number of trilogies were broadcast in serial form.
|Sr No.||Air Date||Serials|
|1||February 19, 2016||Ishq Ka Rang Safed||Thapki Pyar Ki||Sasural Simar Ka|
|2||March 10, 2016||Ishq Ka Rang Safed||Thapki Pyar Ki||Sasural Simar Ka|
|3||March 17, 2016||Thapki Pyar Ki||Sasural Simar Ka||Balika Vadhu|
|4||March 29, 2016||Thapki Pyar Ki||Sasural Simar Ka||Udaan|
|5||April 8, 2016||Thapki Pyar Ki||Sasural Simar Ka||Udaan|
|6||April 21, 2016||Ishq Ka Rang Safed||Thapki Pyar Ki||Sasural Simar Ka|
|7||May 12, 2016||Sasural Simar Ka||Udaan||Swaragini|
|8||May 20, 2016||Thapki Pyar Ki||Sasural Simar Ka||Udaan|
|9||May 26, 2016||Thapki Pyar Ki||Sasural Simar Ka||Balika Vadhu|
Awards and nominations
|2016||4th Colors Golden Petal Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Manish Goplani and Jigyasa Singh||Won|
|Best Debutante (Male)||Manish Goplani||Won|
|Best Debutante (Female)||Jigyasa Singh||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actor||Ankit Bathla||Nominated|
|Best Show||SOL Productions and Diamond Pictures||Nominated|
|SOL Productions and Diamond Pictures||Nominated|
|Favourite Jodi||Manish Goplani and Jigyasa Singh||Nominated|
|Best Dialogue||Dheeraj Sarna||Won|
|2017||5th Colors Golden Petal Awards||Favourite Jodi||Manish Goplani and Jigyasa Singh||Nominated|
|Best Actress in Negative Role||Monica Khanna||Won|
|Best Supporting Actress||Manish Goplani and Jigyasa Singh||Nominated|
International broadcast and dubbing
The series was broadcast in Pakistan by Filmazia and Colors TV, until October 2016. It was dubbed into Tamil as Indira – Puthumai Penn ("Indira – A Girl of Innovation") and broadcast on Raj TV. The show was dubbed into Indonesian language as Thapki and was broadcast from 18 July 2016 to 28 September 2017 on ANTV. In Vietnam, the series was broadcast as Tôi, Thapki in Vietnamese on HTV3. Thapki was translated to Persian and broadcast on the Gem Bollywood channel.
- Maheshwri, Neha (25 May 2015). "Thapki to inspire people". The Times of India. Retrieved 12 September 2015.
- "Girl next door". Focus News. Retrieved 25 May 2015.
- "Colors launches Thapki Pyar Ki". The Times of India. Retrieved 25 May 2015.
- "Thapki Pyaar Ki: Show launch". India Times. Retrieved 25 May 2015.
- "Show synopsis". The Times of India. Retrieved 1 June 2015.
- Thapki Pyaar Ki, Colors Tv:Jigyasa Singh Surjit Saha, 18 June 2015
- "Jigyasa & Manish's Thapki Pyar Ki Completes 600 Episodes; Check Out The Upcoming Twist On The Show".
- "Jigyasa: I was so frustrated that I wanted to quit 'Thapki' – Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 20 February 2016.
- ""Thapki..Pyaar Ki"- Turning weakness into strength – Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 20 February 2016.
- Thapki Pyaar Ki, Jigyasa Singh, Surjit Saha, 17 March
- "Pemra enforces blanket ban on Indian content in Pakistan". DAWN. 19 October 2016.