|Full name||Nishad Tharanga Paranavitana|
15 April 1982 |
Kegalle, Sri Lanka
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Test debut (cap 111)||21 February 2009 v Pakistan|
|Last Test||25 November 2012 v New Zealand|
|Domestic team information|
|2001/02–present||Sinhalese Sports Club|
Source: Cricinfo, 27 November 2016
He made his international debut in a Test match against Pakistan in February 2009. During the second Test match of that series, while heading for the third day's play, he became one of the Sri Lankan cricketers wounded when their team bus was attacked by terrorists in Lahore, Pakistan.
Despite being attacked and badly injured, Paranavitana recovered to register his maiden Test century sixteen months later on July 18, 2010 against India at Galle, Sri Lanka. He was dropped from the Test team at the end of 2011, being replaced by Lahiru Thirimanne for Sri Lanka's third Test of their tour of South Africa.
- In the column Runs, * indicates being not out
- The column title Match refers to the Match Number of the player's career
|1||111||11||India||Galle, Sri Lanka||Galle International Stadium||2010|
|2||100||12||India||Colombo, Sri Lanka||Sinhalese Sports Club||2010|
- "Records: Premier League Tournament, 2015/16: Most runs". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 19 March 2017.
- The Age |Sri Lanka cricketers wounded in shooting retrieved 3 March 2009
- "Cricket: Sri Lanka wins toss, invites South Africa to bat". The Sunday Times (Sri Lanka). 3 January 2012. Retrieved 6 January 2012.