|Full name||Nishad Tharanga Paranavitana|
|Born||15 April 1982|
Kegalle, Sri Lanka
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Test debut (cap 111)||21 February 2009 v Pakistan|
|Last Test||25 November 2012 v New Zealand|
|Domestic team information|
|2001/02–present||Sinhalese Sports Club|
Source: Cricinfo, 27 November 2016
In March 2018, he was named in Kandy's squad for the 2017–18 Super Four Provincial Tournament. The following month, he was also named in Kandy's squad for the 2018 Super Provincial One Day Tournament.
He made his international debut in a Test match against Pakistan in February 2009. During the second Test match of that series, while heading for the third day's play, he became one of the Sri Lankan cricketers wounded when their team bus was attacked by terrorists in Lahore, Pakistan.
Despite being attacked and badly injured, Paranavitana recovered to register his maiden Test century sixteen months later on 18 July 2010 against India at Galle, Sri Lanka. He was dropped from the Test team at the end of 2011, being replaced by Lahiru Thirimanne for Sri Lanka's third Test of their tour of South Africa.
- "Records: Premier League Tournament, 2015/16: Most runs". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 19 March 2017.
- "Cricket: Mixed opinions on Provincial tournament". Sunday Times (Sri Lanka). 26 March 2018. Retrieved 27 March 2018.
- "All you need to know about the SL Super Provincial Tournament". Daily Sports. 26 March 2018. Retrieved 27 March 2018.
- "SLC Super Provincial 50 over tournament squads and fixtures". The Papare. Retrieved 27 April 2018.
- The Age |Sri Lanka cricketers wounded in shooting retrieved 3 March 2009
- "Cricket: Sri Lanka wins toss, invites South Africa to bat". The Sunday Times (Sri Lanka). 3 January 2012. Retrieved 6 January 2012.