Tharangam (2017 film)
|Directed by||Dominic Arun|
Manoj K Jayan
|Music by||Ashwin Renju|
|Cinematography||Deepak D. Menon|
|Edited by||Sreenath S.|
|Distributed by||Wunderbar Films|
Tharangam is a 2017 Indian Malayalam-language black comedy film directed by debutante Dominic Arun. It was the first Malayalam film produced by Dhanush, and starring Tovino Thomas, Balu Varghese, Santhy Balachandran in the lead roles. The film released in India on 29 September 2017.
The movie tells about Pappan (Tovino Thomas) a cop along with the struggles led with Joy (Balu Varghese). They land in trouble while investigating a business man's wife Ommana (Neha Iyer). They cross path with a smuggler Siju (Saiju Kurup), a dreaded gangster Raghu (Unni Mukundan) which leads to a chaotic situation.
- Tovino Thomas as Padmanabhan Pillai
- Balu Varghese as Joy. C
- Santhy Balachandran as Malini (Malu)
- Neha Iyer as Omana
- Vijaya Raghavan as Menon
- Manoj K Jayan as Antony Gonsalvez
- Shammy Thilakan as Tharian
- Saiju Kurup as Siju
- Dileesh Pothan as God
- Sijoy Varghese as Christopher Luke
- Alencier Ley Lopez as Ittymani
- Abin Paul as Jimmy
- Unni Lalu as Deepu
- Sarath Sabha as Appukuttan
- Unni Mukundan as Reghu (Cameo appearance)
- "Minnunnundae Mullapolae" - Karthik (Background vocals: Ancy Thomas)
- "Enthelum Parayanundel" - Sajeev Stanley, Vineeth Kumar, Manu Ramesan
- "Minnunnundae Mullapolae" (Female version) - Neha Nair (Solo violins : Bhavyalakshmy)
Tharangam was released in 106 screens across Kerala on 29 September 2017.
Critic Veeyen writes: "Tharangam' is a wickedly dark movie and one crazy ride, a work of comic insanity that asks you to buckle your seat belts on, simply feel the air rush against your face and let things be." He later on adds, "It could only be a real zany mind that would have the nerve to start off his film as this, and Dominic Arun within minutes has the audience dropping their jaws – either in amazement or in morbid fear of what’s in store for the next couple of hours." 
Anagha Jayan E from Malayala Manorama wrote: Dominic Arun's Tharangam unfurls its suspense-thriller plot in a very unconventional black-comedy mood. A normal action-thriller movie by all other means, Tharangam wangles an offbeat stamp through an avant-garde style of narration that fiddles with fantasy and magic realism.
Anjana George for The Times of India rated the film 3.5 out of 5 stars and wrote : Dominic Arun has successfully tried to serve a fantasy thriller which is a blend of Priyadarshan and Quentin Tarantino movies. It has well-narrated romance, suspense, action and emotions. If you are in the mood for a thrilling, fantasy movie, Tharangam is your best bet this season.
Soumya Rajendran for The News Minute rated Tharangam as 'A smart black comedy with a superb screen play'and wrote Debut director Dominic Arun's Tharangam is a smart black comedy with a racy screenplay and intricate plot.
Deepthi Sreenivasan for Deccan Chronicle rated Tharangam as 'Tovino’s comic timing is spot on, complimented by Balu’s performance'. Full of twists that would keep one on their toes, Tharangam is an unconventional black comedy, that visits Malayali screens rarely. 
- . indianexpress.com (27 May 2017). Retrieved on 27 May 2017.
- "'Tharangam Malayalam Movie Review: Veeyen'". Veeyen.
- "'Tharangam – the curious case of Kallan Pavithran'". Malayala Manorama.
- "'Tharangam Movie Review'". Times of India.
- "'Tharangam Movie Review:A smart black comedy with a superb screenplay'". The News Minute.
- "'Tharangam movie review: An unconventional comedy'". Deccan Chronicle.
- "' "Tharangam: A laudable experiment"". The New Indian Express.