That's Life (magazine)
That's Life! is a British magazine aimed toward a young female demographic and specialises in gritty real-life stories contributed by its readers. The magazine is published in the UK and Ireland by H Bauer Publishing, whose other titles include Take a Break and Bella. The headquarters of That's Life is in London.
That's Life was established in 1995. The magazine is published on a weekly basis. In addition to real-life stories, the magazine also includes weekly features such as 'Aren't Men Daft', for which readers send in examples of 'daft' behaviour by their male friends and relatives; lifestyle, health and beauty advice; 'tightwad tips' in which readers are invited to share their ideas for money-saving around the home and many other features relevant to a modern woman's lifestyle.
The magazine has an ethos of easy communication with its readers, with whom it prides itself upon a close and trusting relationship. Reader contribution are valued and respected, with substantial rewards paid for those willing to share their often heart-rending and moving stories.
- "Mag ABCs: Full circulation round-up for the first half of 2013". Press Gazette. 15 August 2013. Retrieved 7 December 2013.
- Josh Halliday (5 April 2013). "That's Life magazine censured for paying murderer's sister for her story". The Guardian. Retrieved 1 February 2016.
- Daniel Farey-Jones (12 August 2010). "Double-digit drops hit That's Life! and Love It!". MediaWeek. Retrieved 1 February 2016.
- "That's Life". Media Info. Retrieved 1 February 2016.
- Robert Lee Brewer (2 September 2011). 2012 Writer's Market Deluxe Edition. Writer's Digest Books. p. 747. ISBN 1-59963-227-6. Retrieved 1 February 2016.
- "Sophie Hearsey named new editor of That’s Life! Magazine". New Statesman. 27 April 2010. Retrieved 1 February 2016.