That's for Me
|"That's for Me"|
|Song from State Fair|
|Songwriter(s)||Oscar Hammerstein II|
"That's For Me" is a popular song. The music was written by Richard Rodgers, the lyrics by Oscar Hammerstein II. The song was published in 1945. It was included in the 1945 version of the musical film State Fair.
The recording by Dick Haymes was released by Decca Records as catalog number 18706. It first reached the Billboard magazine Best Seller chart on October 25, 1945 and lasted 4 weeks on the chart, peaking at #6. The recording by Jo Stafford was released by Capitol Records as catalog number 213. It reached the Billboard magazine Best Seller chart at #9 on November 8, 1945, its only week on the chart.
- The song was also sung by Dinah Shore on the radio programme Birds Eye Open House, dated 18 October 1945.
- Louis Armstrong - for the 45rpm box-set Jazz Concert (1950).
- Julie London - for her album London by Night (1958).
- Gordon MacRae - for his album Our Love Story (1960).
- Pat Boone - included in the album Rodgers And Hammerstein's State Fair (1962).
- Sammy Davis Jr. - for his album The Shelter of Your Arms (1964).
|This show tune-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|