That Beautiful Somewhere
|That Beautiful Somewhere|
|Directed by||Robert Budreau|
|Produced by||Ian Murray
|Screenplay by||Robert Budreau|
by William Plumstead
|93 minutes (Canada)|
That Beautiful Somewhere is a Canadian feature film written, directed and produced by Robert Budreau, produced by Ian Murray and executive produced by Bill Plumstead for Loon Film Inc. and Lumanity Productions. The film stars Roy Dupuis and Jane McGregor. The screenplay was based on the novel Loon, by William (Bill) Plumstead, who was also its executive producer. It was filmed on location in Temagami and North Bay, Ontario in 2005 and completed in 2006. Its world première, attended by Budreau, Dupuis, and Murray, occurred on August 26, 2006, during the Montreal World Film Festival. It was also shown at the Atlantic Film Festival, the Cinéfest Sudbury International Film Festival, the Calgary International Film Festival.
The film was theatrically released across Canada in late April 2007.
A detective teams up with a young female archaeologist to unravel the mysterious death of a 'bog body' found in a native swamp rumoured to have curative powers. It is the story of two wounded souls searching for healing and redemption.
- Roy Dupuis as Detective Conk Adams
- Jane McGregor as Catherine Nyland
- Gordon Tootoosis as Harold
- Marc Veilleux as Jake Steed
- Jeremy Ellies as Dr. Kelevra
- Robert Budreau - Writer/Director
- Ian Murray - Producer
- William Plumstead - Executive Producer
- Matthew Stone - Executive Producer
Broadcasters: TMN, Movie Central (Canada)
Part of the film was shot in the École secondaire catholique Algonquin auditorium.
- "Le film That Beautiful Somewhere avec Roy Dupuis sera projeté au FMM" (The film That Beautiful Somewhere with Roy Dupuis Will Be Shown at the Montreal World Film Festival.) Canadian Press August 21, 2006. Branchez-Vous! Accessed August 27, 2006. See also FFM Photothèque for August 26, 2006; credits: Montreal World Film Festival and Sylvain Legaré, photographer (2 pages).
- That Beautiful Somewhere Official website (includes preview video)
- That Beautiful Somewhere at the Internet Movie Database
- Review at canoe.ca
|This article related to a Canadian film of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|