That Dog Can Dance
|That Dog Can Dance|
|Created by||Simon Cowell|
|Written by||Richard Easter
|Directed by||Tony Baker|
|Presented by||Christine Bleakley|
|Starring||Ashleigh and Pudsey|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of episodes||1|
|Executive producer(s)||Nigel Hall
|Location(s)||The Fountain Studios|
|Running time||60 minutes (inc. adverts)|
|Production company(s)||Thames and Syco|
|Original network||ITV, STV, UTV|
|Picture format||16:9 (HDTV)|
|First shown in||December 2012|
That Dog Can Dance is a one-off ITV entertainment special that aired on 26 December 2012 and was hosted by Christine Bleakley. The show was originally to be hosted by Alesha Dixon, however the show's producers thought that filming may clash with Britain's Got Talent. It was confirmed in November 2012, that Ashleigh Butler, Sharon Osbourne and Bill Bailey would be the judges on the panel with Ashleigh and Pudsey performing in the studio.
The format was similar to The X Factor and Britain's Got Talent as the show saw members of the public and their dogs perform routines for the judges and the live audience. The winning pair won a dog-friendly holiday, a supply of treats and a chance to perform at Crufts in 2013.
- "Simon Cowell 'launching dog talent show Take The Lead'". digitalspy.co.uk. Retrieved 18 August 2016.
- "Cowell's lead role for dogs – The Sun". thesun.co.uk. Retrieved 18 August 2016.
- "Simon Cowell takes The Lead to ITV - TBI Vision TBI Vision". tbivision.com. Retrieved 18 August 2016.
- TVGuide. "Celebrity News - TV Guide UK TV Listings". tvguide.co.uk. Retrieved 18 August 2016.
- "Sharon Osbourne Joins That Dog Can Dance Judging Panel". femalefirst.co.uk. Retrieved 18 August 2016.
- "Osbourne is top dog on Cowell show - News | MSN TV UK". Archived from the original on 2012-11-29. Retrieved 18 August 2016.
- "Simon Cowell Unleashes “Take The Lead” Dog Show Idea". worldtvpc.com. Retrieved 18 August 2016.
|This article relating to United Kingdom television is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|