That Girl (Stevie Wonder song)
|Single by Stevie Wonder|
|from the album Stevie Wonder's Original Musiquarium I|
|B-side||"All I Do"|
|Released||December 30, 1981|
|Stevie Wonder singles chronology|
"That Girl" is a song by American R&B singer and songwriter Stevie Wonder. The song was the leading single from Wonder's album-era greatest-hits compilation, Stevie Wonder's Original Musiquarium I, as one of four newer songs from the collection. The song spent nine weeks at number one on the Billboard R&B singles chart and reached number four on the Billboard Hot 100. The song would later be sampled by rapper 2Pac on his song, "So Many Tears" and covered by R&B singer Joe. The song was sampled by Queen Latifah on her album Order in the Court on the non-U.S. track "Let Her Live". A cover version appears on UK band Hue and Cry's 1992 album "Truth & Love". MJG, one half of the hip-hop duo 8Ball & MJG also sampled the song of the same name on his 1997 solo debut No More Glory.
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). Top R&B/Hip-Hop Singles: 1942-2004. Record Research. p. 636.
- "Item Display - RPM - Library and Archives Canada". Collectionscanada.gc.ca. 1982-04-24. Retrieved 2018-12-16.
- "Item Display - RPM - Library and Archives Canada". Collectionscanada.gc.ca. 1982-05-01. Retrieved 2018-12-16.
- Joel Whitburn's Top Pop Singles 1955–1990 - ISBN 0-89820-089-X
- Cash Box Top 100 Singles, April 3, 1982
- Cash Box Year-End Charts: Top 100 Pop Singles, December 25, 1982
|This 1980s single-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|