|Public company (NASDAQ: NCTY)|
|Zhu Jun, Chairman/CEO|
|Products||Online game operation|
|Revenue||US$10.16 million (2014)|
|US-$17.03 million (2014<finance.yahoo.com>)|
Number of employees
The9 Limited (Chinese: 第九城市) corporation is a Shanghai-based online game operator which had the exclusive license to operate and distribute World of Warcraft in China (launched in June 2005, it has since become the largest online game), a licence it secured after successfully aiding Webzen Games with the distribution of Mu Online in China. However, in April 2009, Blizzard said that the licence has been moved to NetEase.com.
Current game licences acquired
Note: In rough order of release.
- Mu Online (the partnership has ended)
- World of Warcraft (the partnership has ended)
- Joyful Journey West
- Guild Wars (Chinese version) (The deal with NCsoft ended prematurely.31 March 2008)
- Soul of the Ultimate Nation
- Granado Espada
- Hellgate: London
- Ragnarok Online 2
- FIFA Online 2
- Atlantica Online
- Free Realms
- PlanetSide 2
- FirefallRuined the project and failed on both CHinese and Eu/Na version.
- Volume 1, Issue 49 of The Escapist, "Red Blindness" by Allen Varney
|This Asian video game corporation or company-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|