TheBus (Prince George's County)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Route 14 at College Park UM Station
|Service area||Prince George's County, Maryland, U.S.|
|Service type||Bus service|
TheBus (stylized as THE BUS) is a bus transportation system serving Prince George's County, Maryland, providing weekday-only service. There are 29 bus routes, with most operating between Washington Metro stations in the county, with two routes running to Upper Marlboro. The fare is $1.25, but seniors (age 60+), the disabled, one child under 5 years old, and students (between 2:00PM and 7:00PM) ride free. On October 13, 2008, TheBus began accepting payment using SmarTrip regional farecards.
As of October 2012, the fleet consists of the following:
|Image||Builder||Model||Length||Year||Fleet Number||Fuel||Powertrain (Engine/Transmission)|
|Gillig||Phantom||35 ft (10.67 m)||2006||63139-63151
|Low Floor||35 ft (10.67 m)||2008-2012||63159-63170, 63188-63217, 62623-62628, 62633-62652
|29 ft (8.839 m)||2011-2012||62617-62622, 62629-62632
- 12- West Hyattsville Station to Mt Rainier/Chillum.
- 13- West Hyattsville Station to 42nd Ave.
- 14- Prince George's Plaza Station to College Park Station.
- 15X Express- Greenbelt Station to New Carrollton Station
- 16- New Carrollton Station to Hanover Pkwy.
- 17- Mt Rainier to Ikea Way (route 1 bus).
- 18- Langley Park to Addison Rd
- 20- Addison Rd. Station to County Administration Building
- 21- New Carrollton Stations to Equestrian Center
- 21X Express- New Carrollton Station to Prince George's Community College
- 22 Morgan Blvd Station to Chastfield Way
- 23 Addison Rd. Station to Cheverly Station
- 24 Capitol Heights Station to Morgan Blvd. Station
- 25 Capitol Heights Station to Highview Place
- 26 Largo Town Centre to Prince George's Community College
- 27 Landover Station to Hubbard Rd
- 28 Basil Court to Largo Town Centre Station
- 30 Branch Ave Station to Clinton Park & Ride
- 32 Clinton Park & Ride to Naylor Road Station
- 33 Padgett's Corner Center to Southern Ave Station
- 34 Suitland Station to Capital Crossing
- 35 Southern Ave Metro Station to National Harbor
- 35S Oxon Hill to National Harbor/Fort Washington Manor
- 36 Clinton Fringe Parking Lot to Pinefield Shopping Center
- 37 Southern Ave Station to Camp Springs
- 51 Upper Marlboro to Chrysler Building
- 52 Equestrian Center to Courthouse Shuttle
- 53 Upper Marlboro to John Rodger Blvd.
- "TheBus: Routes and Schedules". Prince George's County government. Retrieved 2008-12-06.
- "Public Notice" (PDF). Prince George's County government. Retrieved 2008-12-06.
- "Public Notice: Prince George's County TheBus will begin using new fareboxes..." (PDF). Prince George's County government. 2008. Retrieved 2008-12-06.
|This article related to bus transportation in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article relating to the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about transportation in Maryland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|