|Associate editor||Christine Bohan|
|Sports editor||Adrian Russell|
|Staff writers||20 news department staff |
|Circulation||750,000 Monthly Unique Users (Dec 2011)|
TheJournal.ie is an internet news publication in Ireland. It is a mixture of original and aggregated content in a manner similar to The Huffington Post. The website was founded in early 2010 and is owned by Distilled Media.
TheJournal.ie produces 70 original pieces of content per day. The website is divided into four components: TheJournal.ie itself for Irish and international news and opinion; Business ETC for business news; The 42 for sports news; and The Daily Edge for entertainment and gossip.
In January 2013 TheJournal.ie obtained a confidential report by the European Commission on Ireland's financial bailout. The document, which was given to certain members of the German parliament gave Troika recommendations on what and how Irish public services should be cut. The Irish public was outraged by the implication that budgetary cuts were being decided in Berlin and not Dublin.
- TheJournal.ie won "Best Mobile App" at the Eircom Spiders 2012. It was also awarded "Best Web Only Publication" and "Best Sports Website" at the Irish Web Awards 2012
- The website won three Eircom Spider Awards: Best News Site; the Digital Editor Award; and the Grand Prix Award for Best Overall Site. It also won two Irish Web Awards: Best Online Publication; and Grand Prix for Best Website. In addition, it won a Best Media/Publishing App award at the Appy Awards.
- Software developer job advertisement Adverts.ie.
- "Google Ad Planner". January 30, 2012.
- Siobhán, O'Connell (9 September 2010). "Copycat news site set to feed in chat and reaction". The Irish Times.
- "Distilled Media".
- New Tech Post http://newtechpost.com/2011/06/12/jennifer-oconnell-on-thejournalie-its-formation-and-rapid-growth-video. Missing or empty
- Business & Leadership http://www.businessandleadership.com/marketing/item/30070-new-editor-for-thejournal-i. Missing or empty
- "AOP Member Profiles".
- Eircom.net http://pressroom.eircom.net/press_releases/article/eircom_spider_awards_2011_-_winners_announced/. Missing or empty
- Irish Times http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2011/1024/1224306387333.html. Missing or empty
- SocialMedia.ie http://www.socialmedia.ie/social-media-blog/the-appy-awards-2011/. Missing or empty