The Next Web
|The Next Web|
Type of site
|Available in||English, Dutch, French, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian|
|Created by||Boris Veldhuijzen van Zanten, Patrick de Laive|
|1,130 (April 2014[update])|
The Next Web (TNW), founded in 2006, is an online publisher of tech and web development news. It is the parent company of The Next Web Events series, which organizes the TNW Conferences in Amsterdam, New York, and Sao Paulo. TNW was founded by Boris Veldhuijzen van Zanten and Patrick de Laive. It employs 35 people in Amsterdam and 12 journalists across the globe.
As of February 2015, The Next Web receives 7.2 million monthly visitors per month and over 9.5 million monthly page views.
TNW Conferences are an annual set of conferences hosted by The Next Web in Amsterdam, New York, and São Paulo. The first event took place in 2006. As of 2015, annual event attendee count is estimated to be 3,500. TNW Conferences has since introduced a subsidiary program for early stage startups to launch products and meet investors, called Boost. Successful startups that have launched at TNW Conferences include Waze, Rapportive, and Shutl.
At The Next Web 2015 Amsterdam conference, the finalists for the fastest growing tech startup in Europe were Fairphone (the Netherlands), PackLink (Spain), Uplike (France), Blacklane (Germany), YPlan (UK), Freespee (Sweden), and Festicket (UK, wildcard entry). The winner was Fairphone.
TNW Academy is an MOOC hosted by The Next Web.
- "Thenextweb.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- "About Us". The Next Web. Retrieved 2015-03-26.
- "The NEXT Web (Wired UK)". Wired.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-09-30.
- "The Next Web 30 Second Pitches (VIDEO) - Huffington Post". Videos.huffingtonpost.com. 2012-09-25. Retrieved 2012-09-30.
- Kane, Zee M. "To make an end is to make a beginning". The Next Web. Retrieved 18 April 2014.
- "About Us". The Next Web. Retrieved 15 August 2014.
- "Boost – The Road to Startup Success". The Next Web. Retrieved 15 August 2014.
- Van Wijhe, Jelle. "Tech5: Fairphone named Europe’s fastest-growing startup of 2015". The Next Web. Retrieved 29 April 2015.
- "TNW Deals". TNW Deals.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to The Next Web.|