This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2017)
|Publisher||The Wrap News Inc.|
|First issue||January 26, 2009|
|Company||The Wrap News Inc.|
TheWrap has won awards for its journalism, including best website in 2018 for a news organization exclusive to the internet at the L.A. Press Club's SoCal Journalism Awards and best entertainment website in 2018 at the National Arts and Entertainment Journalism (NAEJ) awards. In 2016, the L.A. Press Club's NAEJ gave the site its top prizes for feature photography and Sharon Waxman's WaxWord blog, as well as second place for Best Entertainment Website and Entertainment Publication. The site was named the best online news site in both 2012 and 2009 by the same group.
In November 2019, TheWrap was nominated for the 12th annual Los Angeles Press Club's National Arts & Entertainment Journalism Awards, including best website.
- Vogel, Emily (July 5, 2022). "TheWrap Names LA Times Veteran Oganes Akopyan Vice President of Marketing and Events". Yahoo! News.
- "TheWrap Lands 14 SoCal Journalism Awards Nominations, Including Best Website". Yahoo! News.
- "Winners list" (PDF). Los Angeles Press Club. December 2018. Retrieved March 25, 2020.
- "TheWrap Wins Best Entertainment Website and More First-Place Wins at National Entertainment Journalism Awards 2018". Yahoo! News.
- "KTLA's Sam Rubin Roasted and Honored as Reporters and Bloggers Recognized @ 3rd Annual National Entertainment Journalism Awards". Los Angeles Press Club. April 23, 2010.
- "Finalists list" (PDF). Los Angeles Press Club. November 2019. Retrieved March 25, 2020.