The 8th Son? Are You Kidding Me?
|The 8th Son? Are You Kidding Me?|
second light novel volume cover
(Hachinan tte, Sore wa Nai Deshō!)
|Genre||Fantasy, Harem, Isekai|
|Published by||Shōsetsuka ni Narō|
|Original run||June 2013 – March 2017|
|Published by||Media Factory|
|Original run||April 2014 – present|
|Illustrated by||Hiroki Kusumoto|
|Published by||Kadokawa Shoten|
|Original run||2015 – present|
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Tatsuo Miura|
|Written by||Takeshi Miyamoto|
|Music by||Minako Seki|
|Original network||Tokyo MX, BS11, AT-X|
|Original run||April 2, 2020 – present|
The 8th Son? Are You Kidding Me? (八男って､ それはないでしょう!, Hachinan tte, Sore wa Nai Deshō!, lit. "The Eighth Son? That Can't Be Right!") is a Japanese fantasy light novel series written by Y.A. and illustrated by Fuzichoco. It was serialized online between June 2013 and March 2017 on the user-generated novel publishing website Shōsetsuka ni Narō. It was acquired by Media Factory, who published the first light novel volume in April 2014 under their MF Books imprint. Eighteen volumes have been released as of December 2019. A manga adaptation with art by Hiroki Kusumoto has been serialized online via Kadokawa Shoten's ComicWalker website since 2015. It has been collected in seven tankōbon volumes. An anime television series adaptation by Shin-Ei Animation and SynergySP premiered on April 2, 2020, with an English dubbed Crunchyroll debut on May 14.
Shingo Ichinomiya was once a single salaryman until the day he fell asleep and woke up in a magical fantasy world as a young boy named Wendelin von Benno Baumeister, the eighth son of the noble Baumeister family. Due to his family being poor, Wendelin is unlikely to inherit anything from his father as the family's noble title, wealth and possessions will go to his eldest brother Kurt while the rest of his brothers have to find income by other means. He looks through his fathers library and finds a magic testing orb which glows with rainbow colours when he activates it, proving he has an ability to use magic. Alfred, a former court wizard turned restless undead, senses his magical prowess and decides to teach Wendelin everything he knows about magic. Thanks to Alfred, Wendelin becomes a skilled swordsman and mage, leading him to become a famous adventurer known throughout the kingdom.
- Wendelin (ヴェンデリン, Venderin)
- Voiced by: Takuma Terashima (drama CD), Junya Enoki (anime), Shizuka Ishigami (young, anime) (Japanese); Benjamin Diskin (English)
- Wendelin von Benno Baumeister is the main protagonist of the series. He was once a salaryman named Shingo Ichinomiya (一宮 慎吾, Ichinomiya Shingo) until he is reborn into a magical world as the eighth son of Artur von Benno Baumeister. Wendelin is at first worried about his well being since he is unlikely to inherit anything from his family as the youngest son until he meets Alfred Rainford, a former court wizard who teaches him magic and makes him a skilled mage. As the series progress, he forms an adventurer party with his former classmates and friends and becomes famous not only for his powerful magic but also for finding lost magical ruins and defeating powerful monsters. Eventually, he is rewarded for his accomplishments by the King who grants him the rank of Earl, his own lands to rule and legally allowed to have a polygamous marriage. Wendelin eventually marries five of his female companions and later his former sister-in-law.
- Elize (エリーゼ, Erīze)
- Voiced by: Saori Hayami (drama CD), Asuka Nishi (anime) (Japanese); Reba Buhr (English)
- Elize Katharina von Hohenheim, is a priestess and one of Wendelin's party members. Nicknamed the "Saint" by the people due to her kindness, healing powers and being the granddaughter of the Cardinal of the kingdom's church. Her grandfather arranges a political marriage between Elize and Wendelin, hoping to secure an alliance between an upcoming popular noble and the church. Despite their arranged engagement, Elize genuinely falls in love with Wendelin as they both understand the burden of being in the spotlight. She later marries Wendelin as the head wife of their family.
- Erwin von Alnim (エルヴィン・フォン・アルニム, Eruvin fon Arunimu)
- Voiced by: Showtaro Morikubo (drama CD), Hiro Shimono (anime) (Japanese); Billy Kametz (English)
- Erwin is a knight and one of Wendelin's party members. A classmate of Wendelin during their days in the academy, Erwin wishes to find fame and fortune for himself rather than rely on his noble family. After Wendelin becomes an Earl, Erwin pledges loyalty to his best friend as his first retainer and personal guard and later becomes engaged to one of his teammates, Haruka.
- Louise (ルイーゼ, Ruīze)
- Voiced by: Asami Imai (drama CD), Yuuna Mimura (anime) (Japanese); Cherami Leigh (English)
- Louise Yorande Aorelia Oufelbeik is a martial artist and one of Wendelin's party members. Skilled in channeling magic into physical combat, she became an adventurer after her family kicked her out for possessing excessive mana capacity. She fell in love with Wendelin but due to being a commoner she at first believes she cannot legally marry him but be his mistress instead. She is also in competition with her best friend Iina, who is also in love with Wendelin. However, Wendelin reveals he loves them both and wants them both to be his wives instead. Thanks to the party's fame and service to the kingdom, the King raises Louise to the rank of nobility, allowing her to marry Wendelin as one of his wives.
- Iina (イーナ, Īna)
- Voiced by: Eriko Matsui (drama CD), Mikako Komatsu (anime) (Japanese); Erica Mendez (English)
- Iina Suzane Hirenbrant is a spearwoman and one of Wendelin's party members. The daughter of a family of spear practitioners, she became an adventurer after her family forced her to leave after she defeated and humiliated her older brothers in spear combat. She fell in love with Wendelin since they were classmates but due to her family being vassals, she at first believes she cannot legally marry him but be his mistress instead. She is also in competition with her best friend Louise, who is also in love with Wendelin. However, Wendelin reveals he loves them both and would rather make them both his wives instead. Thanks to the party's fame and service to the kingdom, the King raises Iina to the rank of nobility, allowing her to marry Wendelin as one of his wives.
- Inū (イヌー)
- Voiced by: Yū Sanada (drama CD)
- Vilma (ヴィルマ, Viruma)
- Voiced by: M.A.O (anime) (Japanese); Veronica Taylor (English)
- Vilma Etol von Asgahan is an axe wielding hunter and one of Wendelin's party members. She was formerly a hunter serving the Asgahan family until the head of the family, General Edgar Asgahan, adopted her as his daughter as part of his plan to protect Wendelin from jealous nobles by presenting her as a possible fiance. Vilma was born with a rare condition called Hero's disease, which multiplied her metabolism many times over but also channels her mana into physical prowess many times more efficiently compared to other mages. Due to her condition, she became a hunter out of necessity to feed her high metabolism and agrees to her adopted father's plan since Wendelin, a famous monster hunter, will allow her to eat various kinds of monster meat. She later also becomes one of Wendelin's wives.
- Roderich (ローデリヒ, Rōderihi)
- Voiced by: Tomohito Takatsuka (anime)
- A former warrior who serves Wendelin as his butler.
- Kurt Baumeister is Wendelin eldest brother and heir to the Baumeister family. Proud and arrogant of being the heir, he grows jealous of his youngest brother after Wendelin's fame as an adventurer grows. Wanting his brother's riches and assets, he joins a conspiracy with a group of nobles who are also jealous of Wendelin and want him assassinated. However, the conspiracy fails and Kurt himself is assassinated.
- Amalie (アマーリエ, Amārie)
- Voiced by: Yukana (anime)
- Kurt's wife, the mother of his two sons and Wendelin's sister-in-law. After Kurt's death, she begins a relationship with Wendelin and teaches him how to properly make love with his wives before their wedding. Later, both Amalie and Wendelin genuinely fall in love with each other and she becomes one of his wives.
- Alfred Rainford (アルフレッド, Arufureddo)
- Voiced by: Daisuke Namikawa (anime) (Japanese); Kaiji Tang (English)
- Alfred Rainford was a former court wizard and Wendelin's master. He was a famous mage who was believed to have been killed during a failed campaign to exterminate dangerous monster in the forest but was revealed to have survive as a Whispering Dead, a sentient undead doomed to eventually become a mindless zombie. Sensing Wendelin's great potential in magic, he decided to teach the boy all that he knew before passing away peacefully. Rainford's assets and wealth are later inherited by Wendelin as his successor.
- Brantack Lyngstad (ブランターク・リングスタット, Burantāku Ringusutatto)
- Voiced by: Yusaku Yara (anime)
- Rainford's former magic teacher and later Wendelin and his party.
- Klimt Kristoff von Armstrong (クリムト・クリストフ・フォン・アームストロング, Kurimuto Kurisutofu fon Āmusutorongu)
- Voiced by: Masashi Yamane (anime)
- A court wizard and Alfred Rainford's best friend.
- Artur Baumeister (アルトゥールビルダー, Aruto~ūrubirudā)
- Voiced by:
- A poor nobleman and Wendelin's father who rules a small farmland. He has eight sons and two daughters, from his wife Johanna and mistress Leila.
- Cardinal Hohenheim (枢機卿ホーエンハイム, Sūkikyō Hōenhaimu)
- Voiced by:
- Leader of the church and Elise's father. He wanted Wendelin under the church's influence to increase the church's political power, so he tricked a still young and naïve Wendelin into agreeing to marry Elise, becoming Wendelin's father in law.
Hachinan tte, Sore wa Nai Deshō! is written by Y.A. and illustrated by Fuzichoco. The light novels has been published by Media Factory, under their MF Books imprint. Nineteen volumes have been released as of March 25, 2020.
|1||April 25, 2014||ISBN 978-4-04-066719-5|
|2||July 25, 2014||ISBN 978-4-04-066924-3|
|3||October 24, 2014||ISBN 978-4-04-067133-8|
|4||January 23, 2015||ISBN 978-4-04-067356-1|
|5||June 25, 2015||ISBN 978-4-04-067696-8|
|6||September 25, 2015||ISBN 978-4-04-067785-9|
|7||December 25, 2015||ISBN 978-4-04-068020-0|
|8||April 25, 2016||ISBN 978-4-04-068183-2|
|9||August 25, 2016||ISBN 978-4-04-068461-1|
|10||February 25, 2017||ISBN 978-4-04-069087-2|
|11||June 24, 2017||ISBN 978-4-04-069274-6|
|12||December 25, 2017||ISBN 978-4-04-069599-0|
|13||April 25, 2018||ISBN 978-4-04-069868-7|
|14||August 25, 2018||ISBN 978-4-04-065131-6|
|15||December 25, 2018||ISBN 978-4-04-065389-1|
|16||March 25, 2019||ISBN 978-4-04-065636-6|
|17||July 25, 2019||ISBN 978-4-04-065907-7|
|18||December 25, 2019||ISBN 978-4-04-064270-3|
|19||March 25, 2020||ISBN 978-4-04-064539-1|
|1||September 19, 2015||ISBN 978-4-04-067796-5|
|2||March 22, 2016||ISBN 978-4-04-068150-4|
|3||November 21, 2016||ISBN 978-4-04-068664-6|
|4||June 22, 2017||ISBN 978-4-04-069257-9|
|5||March 22, 2018||ISBN 978-4-04-069696-6|
|6||January 21, 2019||ISBN 978-4-04-065197-2|
|7||December 23, 2019||ISBN 978-4-04-064207-9|
An anime adaptation of the series was announced by Media Factory on December 14, 2018. The anime was later confirmed to be a television series, which premiered on April 2, 2020 on Tokyo MX, BS11, and AT-X. The series is co-animated by Shin-Ei Animation and SynergySP, with Tatsuo Miura directing the series, Takeshi Miyamoto handling series composition and Keiji Tanabe designing the characters. Minako Sato is composing the series' music. The opening theme is "Jikū no Mayoi Hito" (時空の迷い人, "Space-Time of the Hesitant Person") performed by Demon Kakka and Arika Takarano, while the ending theme is "Tsukiakari Monologue" (月明りのMonologue, "Moonlight Monologue") performed by Akino Arai x AKINO from Bless4. The series' English dub premiered on Crunchyroll on May 14, 2020.
|No.||Title[a]||Original air date||English air date|
|1||"The 8th Son? Are You Kidding Me?"|
Transcription: "Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai Deshō!" (Japanese: 八男って､ それはないでしょう!)
|April 2, 2020||May 14, 2020|
|A Japanese salaryman falls asleep before waking up and finding himself in the body of a five year old noble boy named Wendelin von Benno Baumeister, during the wedding of his oldest brother Kurt and his wife Amalie. Despite being nobles, Wendelin discovers the Baumeisters are poor and only own small farmlands which will be inherited by Kurt while the rest of his six older brothers have either married into other families, or found work as government officials or soldiers, leaving him nothing to inherit. Wendelin later discovers he has the ability to use magic. While searching for firewood for his family, Wendelin meets Alfred Rainford, who detected the boy's magic, saving him from a wild boar and vows to teach him how to use magic.|
|2||"A Succession Dispute? Are You Kidding Me?"|
Transcription: "Oie Sōdō tte, Sore wa Nai Deshō!" (Japanese: お家騒動って､ それはないでしょう!)
|April 9, 2020||May 21, 2020|
|Wendelin decides to keep his magic secret after learning it moves him ahead of Kurt to inherit the lordship, risking assassination by Kurt. Alfred discovers Wendelin has an extraordinarily high magic capacity. Alfred displays unusual symptoms, cold skin, no sense of taste and bouts of pain. Wendelin’s strange behaviour draws Kurt’s attention until Wendelin announces he wants to be an adventurer, making Kurt less suspicious. Adventurers Academy is expensive, so Wendelin decides to work to pay his own tuition. To help with travelling Alfred teaches Wendelin flight magic. Wendelin’s father hears a rumour of a Whispering Dead nearby, a sentient corpse doomed to become a mindless zombie. Wendelin realises he means Alfred and confronts him. Alfred admits he is dead but came back as a Whispering Dead to pass on his knowledge to an apprentice. Having done so, he teaches Wendelin holy magic to purge him and let him pass to the afterlife. Years later Wendelin leaves his family to become an adventurer.|
|3||"A Loner? Are You Kidding Me?"|
Transcription: "Botchi tte, Sore wa Nai Deshō!" (Japanese: ボッチって､ それはないでしょう!)
|April 16, 2020||May 28, 2020|
|At Adventurers Academy Wendelin tries to make friends but due to his lack of communications skills and high level of magic, the rest of the students are too afraid to approach him. Three students, Erwin, Louise and Iina, share a bond over being the youngest children of lower class families. Wanting to gain Wendelin's recognition, they attempt to hunt a large pack of wolves but are overwhelmed until Wendelin rescues them. Due to a misunderstanding, the three believe Wendelin sees them as a burden when in reality he wants to be friends. Their class attend a party hosted by Duke Braihiraider who takes an interest in Wendelin as Wendelin's father is a vassal of Braihiraider. Wendelin asks Erwin, Louise and Iina to join him much to their surprise. They learn Braihiraider brought them to meet his court wizard, Brantack Lyngstad, Alfred's former teacher, who confirms his suspicions that Alfred passed his knowledge to Wendelin. Realising that Wendelin is the same as them, Erwin, Louise and Iina agree to be Wendelin's friends and form an adventuring party. For returning Alfred's possessions to Braihiraider, Wendelin is rewarded a thousand gold coins and inherits Alfred's estate much to everyone's surprise.|
|4||"Obligations? Are You Kidding Me?"|
Transcription: "Shigarami tte, Sore wa Nai Deshō!" (Japanese: しがらみって､ それはないでしょう!)
|April 23, 2020||June 4, 2020|
|Wendelin and his friends are invited to his brother Erich’s wedding. An undead dragon attacks their airship so Brantack has Wendelin purge the dragon with holy magic before collecting the valuable bones and crystal heart. In the capital city, Stuttburg, Brantack leaves them with his friend Aruterio Marchen. Soldiers take Wendelin to meet the king, who rewards him with the Twin Dragon medal and the noble rank of Baronet. Erich worries as their father is only a knight, meaning Wendelin will be removed from their family tree to become head of his own noble family. Several officials begin arguing how much to pay Wendelin for the bones and heart. Aruterio explains that Cardinal Hohenheim wants Wendelin under the churches influence, Lord Marshall Edgar wants him for the military, and Lord Commissioner Ruckner wants to save money. In the end Wendelin is paid 150,000 gold. Wendelin attends Erich’s wedding but finds his family are so poor they cannot provide a suitable wedding present, embarrassing themselves and their lord, Duke Bleichroder, so Wendelin buys the presents. Aruterio manages to find Wendelin the kome-kouji he had been looking for to make miso, which he uses to make dinner for his family and friends. Cardinal Hohenheim informs his granddaughter, Elise, he has found her a suitable husband.|
|5||"Political Marriage? Are You Kidding Me?"|
Transcription: "Seiryaku Kekkon tte, Sore wa Nai Deshō!" (Japanese: 政略結婚って､ それはないでしょう!)
|April 30, 2020||June 11, 2020|
|Hohenheim introduces Wendelin to Elize then, due to his naiveté, tricks Wendelin into forming a political marriage with Elize. Wendelin panics at the idea of marrying a woman he doesn’t love, but is later assured by Erich that nobles rarely meet their betrothed until the wedding. As he is swarmed by unemployed adventurers every time he leaves his home he hires a grateful Erwin as his retainer. Wendelin sneaks into Hohenheim’s estate to talk to Elize and is relieved that she is at least not against marrying him. When Louise and Lina find Erwin is Wendelin’s retainer they decide to outdo him by becoming Wendelin’s mistresses after he marries Elize. Wendelin is invited to dinner with Elize where the butler suggests Wendelin provide Elize an engagement ring. Wendelin takes Elize shopping, but rather than a showy ring Wendelin purchases a much plainer ring that suits Elize better, learning afterwards it is made from a magic storing crystal, making it perfect for Elize’s healing magic. Wendelin tells her he is worried about living up to his dragon slaying reputation when he is still unsure of himself. Elize begins to develop a crush on him. The butler reports to Hohenheim that Wendelin is an unusual noble and he has no idea what his thoughts are. Meanwhile it is shown the only thing on Wendelin’s mind is how much he misses Japanese soy sauce.|
|6||"A Bullet Tour? Are You Kidding Me?"|
Transcription: "Dangan Deba tte, Sore wa Nai Deshō!" (Japanese: 弾丸出張って､ それはないでしょう!)
|May 7, 2020||June 18, 2020|
|Elize visits Louise, Lina and Erwin to learn exactly what sort of man Wendelin is. The King asks Wendelin and Brantack to slay an ancient dragon, Greigorland, as the kingdom needs his territory for farmland. He also sends Klimt Kristoff von Armstrong, his enthusiastic and brawny court wizard. Meanwhile, as the death of Greigorland could cause nearby monsters to grow bolder, Erwin, Louise and Lina hire the unemployed adventurers to help guard the area with Elize and the Church's clergy as their healers. Wendelin and Armstrong defeat Greigorland and Wendelin collects the valuable body. Sensing Greigorlands death the monsters attack the soldiers, forcing Wendelin and his friends to join the battle. Elize, knowing Wendelin considers himself cowardly but joins the battle anyway, is relieved he is a truly good man and finally passes out from exhaustion after he returns safely. Wendelin looks after her until she awakens, only to learn Armstrong is her uncle. The next day Elize asks if Louise and Lina are also his fiancés, since they all live in the same house, which Wendelin is surprised to learn she does not mind if he wants a polygamous marriage. Sensing a chance to become his wives, both Louise and Lina announce they also want to marry him and with Elize’s support, Wendelin nervously agrees, ending up with three happy fiancés.|
|7||"No Magic? Are You Kidding Me?"|
Transcription: "Mahō Kinshi tte, Sore wa Nai Deshō!" (Japanese: 魔法禁止って､ それはないでしょう!)
|May 14, 2020||June 25, 2020|
|At the wedding of his brother, Helmut, Wendelin learns he is expected to participate in a martial arts tournament, but as a noble he must use a sword instead of magic. Louise and Lina decide to participate as well. Erwin is convinced to participate by Brantack. Wendelin obtains permission from Hohenheim to add Elize to their party. Erwin decides he wants to become champion, until realising the previous champion, Warren, Commander of the Royal Knights, is participating again, and snaps at Louise and Lina due to his bitterness of having no magic. The next day he learns Elize has also been training, believing her lack of physical ability makes her a hindrance. Realising everyone has some weaknesses, Erwin apologises. During the preliminary matches Wendelin faces Warren and loses instantly. Louise is defeated in the semi-finals. Lina goes up against Roderich, an annoyingly stubborn spear user obsessed with being hired by Wendelin, and loses against him. Erwin must face Warren and worries if he loses Wendelin will remove him from their party, so Louise shows him an inspirational lunch Wendelin made, proving Wendelin values him for more than his fighting skills. Though it is implied Erwin lost against Warren, Warren agrees to become Erwin’s trainer until he reaches 15 and becomes a full time adventurer. Lina also finds a spear trainer while Louise introduces Wendelin to her martial arts trainer, Armstrong, who offers to train them until they reach 15.|
|8||"Presumed Dead? Are You Kidding Me?"|
Transcription: "Shibōsetsu tte, Sore wa Nai Deshō!" (Japanese: 死亡説って、それはないでしょう！)
|May 21, 2020||TBA|
|Three years later Kurt, Wendelin’s eldest brother, receives a letter from Head Auditor Ruckner, Lord Commissioner Ruckners brother, that Wendelin has died. Five days previously Wendelin finally turns 15 and registers their adventurer party as the Dragon Busters, so the King sends them to investigate ancient ruins. Brantack explains the ruins were discovered in Greigorland’s territory and many high ranking adventurers have disappeared. Upon entering they accidentally activate a magic circle that transports them to the bottom floor, meaning they must fight their way to the surface past an army of golems. Five days later Head Auditor Ruckner spreads rumours Wendelin has died and as part of his plot to replace his brother as Lord Commissioner he suggests Kurt’s sons inherit Wendelin’s title of Baron. Still unsure how far they have to climb Elize tells Wendelin she hopes they survive or she will regret not having married him. They encounter a dragon with mythril scales. Brantack runs out of magic and collapses so Elize grants Wendelin the spell Miracle’s Light through a kiss and Wendelin defeats the dragon. Brantack learns the ruins were built by the ancient mage Count Ichelberg, famous for his work creating magic items. They also discover a vast library and a hangar filled with priceless ancient airships. Erwin opens the hanger doors showing they have made it to the surface.|
|9||"People Hate Me? Are You Kidding Me?"|
Transcription: "Kirawaresha tte, Sore wa Nai Deshō!" (Japanese: 嫌われ者って、それはないでしょう！)
|May 28, 2020||TBA|
|For the ruins treasures the King pays Wendelin’s party ten million gold. Wendelin decides to move their home to Breichburg. Armstrong reveals the rumours about Wendelin’s death, causing Wendelin to realise their success has attracted enemies. Auditor Ruckner and his allies begin planning Wendelin’s assassination. Wendelin hires Roderich as his butler. A pink haired girl named Wilma begins following Wendelin. Wendelin meets the Magic Guilds leader, Lucas Gotz Beckenbauer, and borrows an artefact that summons any item. Wendelin throws a party for his friends and important nobles and serves them his summoned tuna sushi with soy sauce. Roderich tells Wendelin about Ruckner, including his attempt to include Kurt in his plot, but assures Wendelin he has arranged for Ruckner to be summoned by the King for questioning. Roderich also admits he is Ruckners illegitimate son, but hates him for his cruelty. Wilma bursts into the party for the tuna and Lord Marshall Edgar reveals Wilma is his adopted daughter and she suffers from Hero Syndrome which, according to Brantack, constantly overpowers her muscles, resulting in a vast appetite. Edgar offers Wendelin Wilma as a bodyguard or even a wife if he wants. Duke Bleichroder asks Wendelin to take on a job hunting monsters. Meanwhile, Kurt receives the fake news about Wendelin’s death and laughs with joy at inheriting Wendelin’s wealth, only for Wendelin and all his friends to teleport outside, revealing Wendelin’s survival.|
- All English titles are taken from Crunchyroll.
- "Hachinantte Sore wa Inai Deshō! Fantasy Light Novels Get Anime". Anime News Network. December 13, 2018. Retrieved December 14, 2018.
- "'The 8th son? Are you kidding me?' TV Anime Casts Junya Enoki, Asuka Nishi". Anime News Network. September 5, 2019. Retrieved September 5, 2019.
- "'The 8th son? Are you kidding me?' TV Anime Reveals 8 More Cast Members". Anime News Network. February 8, 2020. Retrieved February 8, 2020.
- Mateo, Alex (May 14, 2020). "'The 8th son? Are you kidding me?' Anime's English Dub Reveals Cast". Anime News Network. Retrieved May 14, 2020.
- "'The 8th son? Are you kidding me?' TV Anime Reveals More Cast, April 2020 Premiere". Anime News Network. December 8, 2019. Retrieved December 8, 2019.
- "八男って､ それはないでしょう! (18)". Kadokawa. Kadokawa Corporation. Retrieved November 2, 2019.
- "八男って､ それはないでしょう! (1)". Kadokawa. Kadokawa Corporation. Retrieved December 14, 2018.
- "八男って､ それはないでしょう! (2)". Kadokawa. Kadokawa Corporation. Retrieved December 14, 2018.
- "八男って､ それはないでしょう! (3)". Kadokawa. Kadokawa Corporation. Retrieved December 14, 2018.
- "八男って､ それはないでしょう! (4)". Kadokawa. Kadokawa Corporation. Retrieved December 14, 2018.
- "八男って､ それはないでしょう! (5)". Kadokawa. Kadokawa Corporation. Retrieved December 14, 2018.
- "八男って､ それはないでしょう! (6)". Kadokawa. Kadokawa Corporation. Retrieved December 14, 2018.
- "八男って､ それはないでしょう! (7)". Kadokawa. Kadokawa Corporation. Retrieved December 14, 2018.
- "八男って､ それはないでしょう! (8)". Kadokawa. Kadokawa Corporation. Retrieved December 14, 2018.
- "八男って､ それはないでしょう! (9)". Kadokawa. Kadokawa Corporation. Retrieved December 14, 2018.
- "八男って､ それはないでしょう! (10)". Kadokawa. Kadokawa Corporation. Retrieved December 14, 2018.
- "八男って､ それはないでしょう! (11)". Kadokawa. Kadokawa Corporation. Retrieved December 14, 2018.
- "八男って､ それはないでしょう! (12)". Kadokawa. Kadokawa Corporation. Retrieved December 14, 2018.
- "八男って､ それはないでしょう! (13)". Kadokawa. Kadokawa Corporation. Retrieved December 14, 2018.
- "八男って､ それはないでしょう! (14)". Kadokawa. Kadokawa Corporation. Retrieved December 14, 2018.
- "八男って､ それはないでしょう! (15)". Kadokawa. Kadokawa Corporation. Retrieved December 14, 2018.
- "八男って､ それはないでしょう! (16)". Kadokawa. Kadokawa Corporation. Retrieved February 24, 2019.
- "八男って､ それはないでしょう! (17)". Kadokawa. Kadokawa Corporation. Retrieved June 19, 2019.
- "八男って､ それはないでしょう! (19)". Kadokawa. Kadokawa Corporation. Retrieved February 2, 2020.
- "八男って､ それはないでしょう! 7". Kadokawa. Kadokawa Corporation. Retrieved November 2, 2019.
- "八男って､ それはないでしょう! 1". Kadokawa. Kadokawa Corporation. Retrieved December 14, 2018.
- "八男って､ それはないでしょう! 2". Kadokawa. Kadokawa Corporation. Retrieved December 14, 2018.
- "八男って､ それはないでしょう! 3". Kadokawa. Kadokawa Corporation. Retrieved December 14, 2018.
- "八男って､ それはないでしょう! 4". Kadokawa. Kadokawa Corporation. Retrieved December 14, 2018.
- "八男って､ それはないでしょう! 5". Kadokawa. Kadokawa Corporation. Retrieved December 14, 2018.
- "八男って､ それはないでしょう! 6". Kadokawa. Kadokawa Corporation. Retrieved December 14, 2018.
- "Hachinantte Sore wa Inai Deshō! Fantasy Anime's Ad Reveals 2020 Airing". Anime News Network. March 6, 2019. Retrieved March 6, 2019.
- "'The 8th Son? Are You Kidding Me?' Anime's 2nd Promo Video Reveals, Previews Theme Songs". Anime News Network. February 28, 2020. Retrieved February 28, 2020.
- "'The 8th son? Are you kidding me?' TV Anime's Promo Video, Visual Revealed (Updated)". Anime News Network. July 7, 2019. Retrieved July 7, 2019.
- "'The 8th son? Are you kidding me?' TV Anime's 1st Promo Video Previews Cast Voices". Anime News Network. January 18, 2020. Retrieved January 18, 2020.
- "STORY / TVアニメ「八男って､ それはないでしょう!」公式サイト" (in Japanese). Retrieved April 3, 2020.
- Web novel at Shōsetsuka ni Narō (in Japanese)
- Light novel official website (in Japanese)
- Anime official website (in Japanese)
- The 8th Son? Are You Kidding Me? (light novel) at Anime News Network's encyclopedia
|This anime-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|