This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Origin||Tampa, Florida, U.S.|
|Genres||Melodic death metal, thrash metal|
|Website||The Absence official Facebook|
The Absence is an American melodic death metal band from Tampa, Florida. Their style has been described as aggressive thrash metal with Scandinavian metal influences. They were previously signed to Metal Blade Records.
The band released an eponymous EP in 2004 entitled, The Absence, and followed up with their debut album, From Your Grave, in 2005. The band's second album, Riders of the Plague, was released in 2007. The album was praised in a review for finding an "interesting balance" between the genres death metal and thrash metal. In 2007, bassist Micheal Leon joined the band. Drummer Jeramie Kling left the band that same year and was temporarily replaced by drummer Chris Pistillo from the Tampa death metal scene. The band recruited Justin Reynolds as their new drummer in early 2008.
The Absence stated in late 2008 that they would be entering the studio to record a new album in March 2009. Due to time constraints and touring duties, the band said they would enter the studio on September 10 since the original date "wasn't the right time." The band delayed the recording of the album again and later entered Mana Recording Studios on November 2, 2009 to record Enemy Unbound. Their third studio album, Enemy Unbound was released on September 14, 2010. Jeramie Kling rejoined the band during summer 2010. On September 27, 2010, The Absence released their music video of "Enemy Unbound" from their eponymous album Enemy Unbound. As of January 1, 2013 guitarist Peter Joseph parted ways with The Absence. On January 22, 2013 it was announced that Per Nilsson of Scar Symmetry had joined the band.
On July 25, 2015 guitarist Patrick Scott Pintavalle announced on Facebook that he had left the band.
- Jamie Stewart - Vocals
- Joey Concepcion - Guitar
- Jeramie Kling − Drums
- Taylor Nordberg - Guitar
- Mike Leon - Bass
- Nicholas Calaci − bass
- Justin Reynolds - drums
- Peter Joseph - lead and rhythm guitar
- Patrick Pintavalle - lead and rhythm guitar
- Per Nilsson - guitar
- From Your Grave (2005)
- Riders of the Plague (2007)
- Enemy Unbound (2010)
- A Gift for the Obsessed (2018)
- The Absence (2004)
Singles and music videos
- "From Your Grave" (2005)
- "Dead and Gone" (2008)
- "Enemy Unbound" (2010)
- "Oceans" (2013)
- "Septic Testament" (2016)
- "Frantikmag interview with Jaramie". Frantikmag.com. Retrieved 11 July 2018.
- "The Absence - Biography & History - AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved 11 July 2018.
- "Artists - Metal Blade Records". Metalblade.com. Retrieved 11 July 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-03-15. Retrieved 2008-11-19.
- "You'll Never Believe Who Just Joined The Absence - MetalSucks". Metalsucks.net. 23 January 2013. Retrieved 11 July 2018.